Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #321
I mounted the Federal RS-Pro for their first trackday this weekend. I’ll report back afterwards. Everyone I talk to seem to think they’re superior to the RT615K+. I hope so because it’ll save me $$$. This track is short and technical with long left hand carousels and heavy braking zones. Most tires I use there overheat after 4-5 laps. If they manage that, I’ll be satisfied. I will run them again in November at Barber Motorsports Park which is much faster and equally as technical.

I’m excited for the off-season though. Several new mods are planned.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Have you ever thought about upgrading the pedals?

One thing I was never a fan of was the placement of the brake and how slippery the pedals were - the OMP set I installed works well and I was able to place the new pedal cover on the brake over towards the gas for easier 'heel-toe' (which for me and my size 12's is 'big toe- side of foot).

I feel as though it's one of those mods that the people who track their cars would benefit from the most (confidence in foot placement) but I don't think I've seen ANYONE update their pedals other than me.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #323
Have you ever thought about upgrading the pedals?

One thing I was never a fan of was the placement of the brake and how slippery the pedals were - the OMP set I installed works well and I was able to place the new pedal cover on the brake over towards the gas for easier 'heel-toe' (which for me and my size 12's is 'big toe- side of foot).

I feel as though it's one of those mods that the people who track their cars would benefit from the most (confidence in foot placement) but I don't think I've seen ANYONE update their pedals other than me.
Yeah. One of the first mods I did was change my throttle pedal to the wider Sparco pedal. I am too uncoordinated to heal/toe without it. The other pedals are ok.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Do you have 'proper' track shoes?

I didn't notice the Sparco throttle pedal!

The OMP brake pedal has a section that runs perpendicular to the face of the pedal and stops your right foot from sneaking under the brake pedal on transitions from gas to brake. I find it comforting to be able to slide my foot up the side of the brake pedal and then over as that section meets the face of the brake pedal. Big feet do not help whatsoever and I need to wear my 'skinny' shoes to be able to shift properly quickly and the pedals make it just that much easier when I'm not wearing proper footwear.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #325
Do you have 'proper' track shoes?

I didn't notice the Sparco throttle pedal!

The OMP brake pedal has a section that runs perpendicular to the face of the pedal and stops your right foot from sneaking under the brake pedal on transitions from gas to brake. I find it comforting to be able to slide my foot up the side of the brake pedal and then over as that section meets the face of the brake pedal. Big feet do not help whatsoever and I need to wear my 'skinny' shoes to be able to shift properly quickly and the pedals make it just that much easier when I'm not wearing proper footwear.
I have a pair of Simpson shoes but I tend to just wear my regular shoes since they’re more comfortable. I changed my shoes between sessions a few times and realized it was ridiculous. The Simpsons are great for driving but absolutely suck outside the car. I don’t have trouble with my feet slipping or anything. I bought the Simpsons in my novice days because I wanted a round heel. Complete waste of money haha.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #326
I spent the day adjusting Federal tires again. The RS Pro was best at 33psi cold ~ 40psi hot, which seems high when compared to the 26/36 I usually run in the RT615K+. They rolled over if I ran anything less (Atlanta Motorsports Park has a lot of elevation change and is extremely technical). It took longer (a few laps) to put heat in them compared to the RT615K+ (1.5 laps at the same track). Once they were up to temp, I enjoyed them and they became more predictable. Lateral grip is impressive but steering feedback was pretty numb. My biggest issue was in heavy braking zones. I activated ABS frequently whereas I’ve rarely done that with the Falkens. I also had much more tire spin accelerating out of turns than I did with the RT615K+ however, the RS Pro’s lateral grip at speed felt stronger. For that reason alone, I’ve decided to keep a set of them in rotation. I’ll see how they do at Barber in a couple of weeks. It’s also quite technical but speeds are much higher. I think the RS Pro likes heat, so higher speeds and harder braking zones might benefit them. It’ll be interesting to see what my lap times are with my new set of RT615K+ at the same track in similar conditions as well. I ran a 1:38 at AMP today, which is Spec Miata pace at that track. Not bad for a Ford Fiesta ST street car.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #329
Very envious of all the track availability you have. Looks like a lot of fun!!
I definitely appreciate every minute of it. I’m very fortunate to have the resources to track this often. Atlanta is within a short drive to a lot of fantastic tracks.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #330
Picked up a Strat single port today from a good friend that’s switching to a four port setup. It’ll be awhile before I install it but I’m happy to have it on this winter’s list.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Picked up a Strat single port today from a good friend that’s switching to a four port setup. It’ll be awhile before I install it but I’m happy to have it on this winter’s list.

Stop. Buying. All. The. Stuff. I. WANT!!!!!

:cry::cry:

That's gonna be a fun addition I think - what's your altitude where you're at? I probably won't benefit from a aux fuel besides cleaning valves as I'm at 3300'.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #333
Any reason you went with single port instead of four port?
Both of my tuners suggested this over the four-ports for my application. According to one, the single will maximize safe power on stock internals as well. Installation is easier, so that is another advantage.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #334
Stop. Buying. All. The. Stuff. I. WANT!!!!!

:cry::cry:

That's gonna be a fun addition I think - what's your altitude where you're at? I probably won't benefit from a aux fuel besides cleaning valves as I'm at 3300'.
Atlanta is around 1000ft so it’ll definitely add power. You might see some power benefits, right? Could be worth a shot anyway. Maybe your tuner has some experience with that altitude.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Atlanta is around 1000ft so it’ll definitely add power. You might see some power benefits, right? Could be worth a shot anyway. Maybe your tuner has some experience with that altitude.
Tune+ is the tuner, from what I've gathered it seems like the turbo can push more air but the altitude density isn't helping - something to the affect of 'you'll get a good bump in power if you go down to sea level' which makes me think there is room in the fuel system but just no air available.

I decided to try a lighter, longer shifter setup. I picked up these three pieces on eBay cheap. I actually really like it but the throw is a bit longer than I want. It would likely be perfect with a short shift kit. The lightweight knob and stainless extension feel fantastic. The one in the pics is 3”. I have a 2” as well but I need the guy to remake it with a longer threaded section for the knob. All three were just over $60 on eBay.

Would you or anyone have a link to the shift extension setup? Looks perfect for what I need.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #340
You gonna sign up for JTI Dec 15th? I already signed up. I missed this event you went to by a couple of hours, when registration closed.
I haven’t signed up yet. December is crazy with work so I’m not sure I’ll have free time. If I do, I’ll PM you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5