Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #361
Which wheels are you mounting the 245's on? Are you going to a 4x100 bolt pattern to open up more options for 8"+ wide wheels?
I’m planning to run a set of 17x9 4x108 et30 Tarmacs I found used. I will also pickup 17x8 OZ Rally Racing wheels or maybe one of Team Dynamics’ options. I can import Rotas in whatever size I need too. Not gonna go to 4x100 due to expensive front rotor hats. Not at this time anyway..

pixelzombie

I learned something about my car yesterday. The headlights really, really suck. They’re worse than my 83 Jeep headlights. WTF?! I usually only drive in the dark on the way to the track early in the morning but yesterday I spent a total of six hours in the dark and was amazed at how shitty they are, even with H9 bulbs.. Wow. I’m not paying $800 for Euro lights so something else needs to happen. Maybe I’ll add change my fogs out to the Pro version. We’ll see.
I've had a FiST for about 3 weeks now and that's the first thing I noticed driving at night. The lights don't project far enough down the road to avoid any potholes when going over 40mph.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I am amazed at how many complaints people make about the headlights. Compared to what we drove with when I was a teenager and young man, they are a thousand times better. If you think the Fiesta's lights are bad, you obviously never used plain sealed beam headlights. Heck, compare them to the cars from the 2000's like my wife's 2005 Scion tC we replaced with the Fiesta ST or the 2001 Camry she had before that. My wife raves about how great the Fiesta's headlights are every time we go somewhere at night.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I’m planning to run a set of 17x9 4x108 et30 Tarmacs I found used. I will also pickup 17x8 OZ Rally Racing wheels or maybe one of Team Dynamics’ options. I can import Rotas in whatever size I need too. Not gonna go to 4x100 due to expensive front rotor hats. Not at this time anyway..
That's the size I would target as well - 17x9 et30. I'm looking at Japan Racing Wheels right now for my summer set - I've never owned so many wheels for one car and don't really want to add another but hey, can't have it looking weird.

Totally forgot you're on Stoptech brakes - makes sense regarding bolt pattern changes.

Can't wait to see what it looks like come time to shred in the spring.

pixelzombie

I am amazed at how many complaints people make about the headlights. Compared to what we drove with when I was a teenager and young man, they are a thousand times better. If you think the Fiesta's lights are bad, you obviously never used plain sealed beam headlights. Heck, compare them to the cars from the 2000's like my wife's 2005 Scion tC we replaced with the Fiesta ST or the 2001 Camry she had before that. My wife raves about how great the Fiesta's headlights are every time we go somewhere at night.
The lights on my 2004 Mazda were much better. I'd expect a 2016 model to at least match that. Are you running the stock bulbs in your FiST?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The lights on my 2004 Mazda were much better. I'd expect a 2016 model to at least match that. Are you running the stock bulbs in your FiST?
They are not quite as bad with the PIAA Xtreme White, or similar bulbs installed. [wink]

But yeah, it's ridiculous to compare them to properly set up projector lens LEDs/etc.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #369
Thanks to @jeff for the write-up on 12-14 Focus headrests. One of the only problems I had with the car was the position of the Recaro headrest. I had to lean the seat back to an unnatural position while wearing my helmet and HANS. This $57 eBay purchase resolved the problem!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #371
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #372
Preparing to install the Coolerworx when it gets here early next week. Removing the Mountune Quickshift sent me into a spiral of f**ks to the point my wife had to take the kids upstairs in the house. Reinstalling the OEM pin into the arm was simple using the Mountune removal tool and a hammer.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Preparing to install the Coolerworx when it gets here early next week. Removing the Mountune Quickshift sent me into a spiral of f**ks to the point my wife had to take the kids upstairs in the house. Reinstalling the OEM pin into the arm was simple using the Mountune removal tool and a hammer.

Oh my... ya, I wouldn't ever want to have to remove it. Thinking that combined with the Coolerworx option it was going to be too short? Or does their install specify only stock installs?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #374
Oh my... ya, I wouldn't ever want to have to remove it. Thinking that combined with the Coolerworx option it was going to be too short? Or does their install specify only stock installs?
Yea it would be way too short. It’s designed to work with the stock position for sure. There’s so little room to maneuver the Allen wrench. It makes it awfully difficult for guys like me with XXL hands to get the thing out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, un-installing the Mountune piece (and the co$t of the Coolerworx unit and JDG's woes in the other thread) have discouraged me from ever even considering it (and I really like the idea/looks of this thing!). [:(}

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #378
It’s definitely not for everyone. His is the only one I’ve seen break. I’m hopeful I’ll have better luck but I’m prepared to fix it if necessary. If you knew what I’ve spent on custom knobs, extensions and short shifters trying to achieve what the Coolerworx shifter provides, you’d think I was nuts. I’ve never liked the location of the knob on short shift levers. I don’t get it.. They need to be up by the wheel and have the shortest throw possible. I will definitely examine every single component of it prior to installation to be sure there are no visible issues. It might be worth checking torque on all of the fasteners and components as well.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
It’s definitely not for everyone. His is the only one I’ve seen break. I’m hopeful I’ll have better luck but I’m prepared to fix it if necessary. If you knew what I’ve spent on custom knobs, extensions and short shifters trying to achieve what the Coolerworx shifter provides, you’d think I was nuts. I’ve never liked the location of the knob on short shift levers. I don’t get it.. They need to be up by the wheel and have the shortest throw possible. I will definitely examine every single component of it prior to installation to be sure there are no visible issues. It might be worth checking torque on all of the fasteners and components as well.
Agreed.

I'm sure the Coolerworx feels great and is an awesome piece. But I hate shifters that are 20ft tall(exaggerated obviously). Also, I don't track the car enough to justify spending $1,000 on a shifter setup for those milliseconds between shifts.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a change of mind and get it. I do feel its not as long as it appears in pics but I would need to play with one in person to see how much I'd care for the length(that sounded wrong :ROFLMAO:). But for now, I'm good.

If I did get one though I definitely wouldn't get a shift boot. I love seeing mechanical stuff at work, I like that it gives you a Pagani Huayra vibe with the exposed shift linkage. My Ducati Monster has a clear clutch cover just for the occasion to see the clutch in action.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #380
Totally understand. I made the mistake of money shifting from 3rd to 2nd on two different occasions. After driving a Mini with a Coolerworx, I was sold.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5