Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would the Fiesta ST see a second generation?

Would the Fiesta ST see a second generation?

• Yes

Votes: 63 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters

JasonHaven

I see plenty of small hatches on the east coast, so I'm confident the fiesta will continue, and if there's an engine from the line or two up, thatd fit for a performance model, then it should be easy enough.

I expect there will be a 2nd generation. But I suspect they'll make changes that'll make me look somewhere else for my next car. I'm a baby-boomer and my generation is losing clout and numbers all the time.

The Fiesta ST is practically a halo car in Europe but Ford has had long stretches between ST and RS editions for the Fiesta and Focus lines.

If Ford decides to make the next generation Fiesta a 1.0 only car, the 1.6 or 1.5 might not fit and I can see the ST being dropped for a while but I think the 1.0 could be the basis of an ST model if the weight stays low and Ford goes to a "big" turbo partial hybrid setup.

With that said, I see no reason to make the engine bay so small that it can't fit an EcoBoost 1.6 or 1.5.

I think there will be a next generation Fiesta ST but we might have to wait for a facelift year to get it.

The Fiesta ST is practically a halo car in Europe but Ford has had long stretches between ST and RS editions for the Fiesta and Focus lines.

If Ford decides to make the next generation Fiesta a 1.0 only car, the 1.6 or 1.5 might not fit and I can see the ST being dropped for a while but I think the 1.0 could be the basis of an ST model if the weight stays low and Ford goes to a "big" turbo partial hybrid setup.

With that said, I see no reason to make the engine bay so small that it can't fit an EcoBoost 1.6 or 1.5.

I think there will be a next generation Fiesta ST but we might have to wait for a facelift year to get it.
Actually the next Fiesta will be Wider and Longer, so I see no reason to have a "smaller engine bay"... the ST will disappear for next year but it will come back on 2018MY.

Bluedrank

New Gen 2018 Ford Fiesta Scooped For The First Time

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/new-gen-2018-ford-fiesta-scooped-for.html

These are the first photos of Ford?s next Fiesta supermini, scheduled to hit the market in the second half of 2017.

The new generation of the popular supermini model is expected to grow slightly in size and in price in order to make room for the upcoming KA+ model which will be positioned under it.

Ford wants the KA+ to play the role of a cheaper city car to rival models like the Dacia Sandero, allowing them at the same time to push the Fiesta upwards in the segment.

The upgrade will also bring a bump in the quality of the materials used in the cabin, better refinement and more features in order to stay on top of the sales charts. Expect a large touchscreen display with Ford?s latest SYNC3 infotainment system packing the latest connectivity and entertainment features.

Despite the heavy camouflage, we can see that new 2017 Ford Fiesta will adopt a more mature design, following the footsteps of the Focus. The wider headlights and the horizontal taillights help the Fiesta look wider than it really is. The front hexagonal grille will also grow in width, giving the car a squarer nose.

Engine-wise, Ford will offer the latest generation of EcoBoost engines under the bonnet, meaning a range of turbocharged three- and four-cylinder engines.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
2018 Ford Fiesta ST Spied: We're Already Stoked

Ford's performance bargain heads for a second round.

Jun 2016 - Car and Driver

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-fiesta-st-spy-photos-news

2018-ford-fiesta-st-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-median_100556733_m.jpg

What It Is:
The next-generation version of one of our favorite hot hatches?heck, one of our favorite cars, period?the Ford Fiesta ST. Based on the competent and efficient Fiesta subcompact, the current ST turns up the wick with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, a six-speed manual transmission, and a corner-carving suspension. This prototype Fiesta ST previews the new model, due to replace today?s version for the 2018 model year wearing new sheetmetal and a new interior.

Why It Matters: Ford really doesn?t need to build the Fiesta ST, at least for the U.S., where no other manufacturer offers a properly sporty car in the subcompact B segment. (In Europe, where the Fiesta and Fiesta ST also are sold, there are more competitors.) Still, offering Americans the Fiesta ST is smart. Besides existing in a class by itself, the ST is inexpensive, efficient, and huge fun to drive?perfect for younger, performance-savvy buyers who may lust after a Mustang GT but can?t afford one. Get those buyers into the fold with the Fiesta, and who knows, someday, after climbing the Ford performance ladder?to the Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang GT, and Shelby Mustang?they might be on a waiting list for a future GT supercar. This is long-term brand building in the form of a cute hatchback. Plus it?s a helluva lot of fun.

Platform: Like its less speedy 2018 Fiesta siblings, the ST will employ an updated version of the current Fiesta?s global B-segment platform. We have few complaints about these bones, as they provide a stiff, refined basis for today?s models. The suspension is pretty spot-on, even in non-ST form. Of course, the whole point of the ST is to elevate performance, and we?d be okay with Ford carrying over the current ST?s chassis untouched; it?s that good. As for the rest of the Fiesta, it?s due for a visual refresh inside and out. These spy photos show that the new ST will adopt the same wider, thinner taillights and new headlights as the regular 2018 Fiesta while getting bespoke front and rear fascias, wheels, and spoilers. Inside, expect nicer materials on the dashboard and door panels and a larger touchscreen with Sync 3 infotainment; there may even be new safety tech like blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, and forward-collision warning, as evidenced by the camera array at the top of this Fiesta ST prototype?s windshield.

Powertrain: We anticipate Ford will stay with the same turbocharged 1.6-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder from today?s Fiesta ST for the new model, although a displacement bump is possible in order to add power. Even so, more muscle isn?t really necessary, as the little engine produces a mighty 197 horsepower and is smooth and willing. (Non-ST Fiestas likely will continue to offer a naturally aspirated 1.6-liter four and a turbocharged, 1.0-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost.) We anticipate a six-speed manual transmission again will be standard, but there?s an outside possibility that Ford could drum up a sportier, heavier-duty version of the regular Fiesta?s optional six-speed dual-clutch automatic to appeal to a wider swath of buyers. Persistent rumors of a hotter, ST-topping Fiesta RS?possibly with all-wheel drive?are just rumors, and the 2018 Fiesta ST will remain front-wheel drive.

Competition: Fiat 500 Abarth, Mini Cooper S/JCW.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The new Fiesta will debut next year as a 2018 model, with this ST version not far behind. Pricing should stay about the same as it is today, a brilliant value at $22,335.

2018-ford-fiesta-st-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-median_100556734_m.jpg

When would you guess the redesigned 2018 Fiesta ST will hit showroom floors?