Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench Light on my Gauge Cluster

dL_ST, have had the same exact thing happen to me in my 15 Fiesta ST. Wrench light came on at 10,250 miles, has been driving normal but the reset didn't work with me either. took it in to the dealership no codes came up, they told me it's because I needed an oil change. However, my oil was changed at 7,600 miles so i highly doubt that's the case. I've checked the color of my oil a few times and did not look like it needed to be changed. I've seen a good amount of people have this same exact problem, happened to a buddy of mine his just came on the other week when he hit 10,250 miles. Seems to be a software bug of sorts with the 15 models from my experience. Will be changing my oil within the next week or 2 because I'm coming up on 5,000 miles since I last changed. Will let you know if the light disappears after that.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
dL_ST, have had the same exact thing happen to me in my 15 Fiesta ST. Wrench light came on at 10,250 miles, has been driving normal but the reset didn't work with me either. took it in to the dealership no codes came up, they told me it's because I needed an oil change. However, my oil was changed at 7,600 miles so i highly doubt that's the case. I've checked the color of my oil a few times and did not look like it needed to be changed. I've seen a good amount of people have this same exact problem, happened to a buddy of mine his just came on the other week when he hit 10,250 miles. Seems to be a software bug of sorts with the 15 models from my experience. Will be changing my oil within the next week or 2 because I'm coming up on 5,000 miles since I last changed. Will let you know if the light disappears after that.
You have to follow the oil life reset procedure. Just changing hte oil does not make the light go out.

There is à tsb on this wrench Light that wont go off. My dealer did the up date for me. Did not go for this problem but they update it anyway. . Look this out with your dealer

My Powertrain Warning Lamp came on and stayed on yesterday after boost around traffic. Freaked me out because Friday evenings are the best time for warning lights to come on. Called some dealers with Saturday hours this morning and none have the appropriate mechanics working of course AND one even told me to drop it off Monday and it might be 2-4 days before they even look at it!!! Stress meter was definitely rising. I searched the forum and found this thread. Tried the reset and....it worked! I barely had the pedals pressed for a few seconds and the wrench went out. I had the Works done at the Quicklane by my dealer and specifically asked if they reset the oil monitor as it hadn't come on, and was naturally told "oh yes, they do that". Ugh. I hate taking my car to people for maintenance. Hopefully it was the issue. I'll be keeping my eye on it. Thanks for the answers in the post!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
My Powertrain Warning Lamp came on and stayed on yesterday after boost around traffic. Freaked me out because Friday evenings are the best time for warning lights to come on. Called some dealers with Saturday hours this morning and none have the appropriate mechanics working of course AND one even told me to drop it off Monday and it might be 2-4 days before they even look at it!!! Stress meter was definitely rising. I searched the forum and found this thread. Tried the reset and....it worked! I barely had the pedals pressed for a few seconds and the wrench went out. I had the Works done at the Quicklane by my dealer and specifically asked if they reset the oil monitor as it hadn't come on, and was naturally told "oh yes, they do that". Ugh. I hate taking my car to people for maintenance. Hopefully it was the issue. I'll be keeping my eye on it. Thanks for the answers in the post!
Next oil change or two I will preemptively reset the oil life too see if that works. It might be another issue that it must be rest when the light is on. Will keep everyone posted.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Run a vehicle health check....then get back to us. If it comes up clean....Uninstall you're ap3 back to stock if you have one and reset the oil change light as per procedure stated in this post.

I ran a VHR when the light came on and it came up clean with the light on. I thought that was weird. Ran another after doing oil life reset and still clean of course. I'm going for a spin in a bit and will give some punch and see if the light shows itself again.

These are the exact steps I used to clear mine:

1: Uninstall AccessPort
2. Turn ignition on (push ignition button, but do not press the clutch in)
3. Depress brake and gas pedals 100% (light should go off after a couple seconds)
4. Count to 30
5. Start the car just to double check the light doesn't come back
6. Power down
7. Reinstall AP

If you have an accessport installed, it needs to be uninstalled to reset the oil change reminder. If following CanadianGuy's directions or mine still don't work after uninstalling an AP you can try holding down your brake and gas BEFORE hitting your ignition button. That was a tip from my Ford dealer when I was having similar issues, no idea if it works. If all of that is a fail, then maybe it unfortunately ISN'T an oil reminder, but a powertrain warning light.
I had this wrench light when I hit 16000km I used the instructions provided in this post and now its gone for 1000km so far ^^

I have a 2016 and my wrench light came on at 10,250. Looked at this thread to see if something worked because I know people were having issues with it. Then I googled it and followed this video which is essentially the same as what Muldoon said in the quote above. Worked like a charm although the Sync 3 system has no verification that it reset unlike the screen in the video so I just had to start it up and see if the light went away. It also doesn't have the vehicle health report currently. Whether they include that with an update or not remains to be seen.

[video=youtube;kGG6ripqCiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGG6ripqCiM[/video]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have a 2016 and my wrench light came on at 10,250. Looked at this thread to see if something worked because I know people were having issues with it. Then I googled it and followed this video which is essentially the same as what Muldoon said in the quote above. Worked like a charm although the Sync 3 system has no verification that it reset unlike the screen in the video so I just had to start it up and see if the light went away. It also doesn't have the vehicle health report currently. Whether they include that with an update or not remains to be seen.

[video=youtube;kGG6ripqCiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGG6ripqCiM[/video]
Good find. Remember one thing if you have an AP3 it seems you need to unmarry it for the reset to work. The Mtune variant is fine.

Had the light pop up this morning on the way into work (2016FiST). No idea what it meant, flipped through the manual to no avail. Not a mention of the wrench light what so ever. Found this thread and reset the light fine, didn't have to revert my tune (Tune+)