Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No more complaints about SYNC...

I gripe about the SYNC system in my 2015. I even yell at it sometimes. But now I really feel lucky. Because I don't own a Chrysler product with U-Connect.

I've been driving a new 2017 Caravan, in fact I'm the first one to rent it, with less than 100 miles on the clock when I picked it up. I needed it to haul a trade show display to several shows for a few weeks while our company truck is being used for other projects. Since I'd be living out of this van for the duration, the first thing I did was sync up my phone to the U-Connect system, load my contacts in, and go through the prompts so the system could "learn" my voice.

I am finding it much less intuitive than Sync, with more steps to perform the same tasks. Also, although it has supposedly learned my voice, when I prompt it to call someone, it asks if I want to change the language.. "It sounds like you said, change system to French. Is that correct?" Ugh. Phone calls take more steps, streaming music is more difficult.

But, I imagine if someone who owned a Chrysler tried the Ford system, they'd gripe as much as I am now..

I hated the u-connect system so much in my Dodge Promaster, I punched it! ($1,200 radio btw!)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
Wow... I never punched my radio, but one time I cursed out SIRI while driving because she sent me to the wrong address, and my wife got mad and told me to stop being mean to her...

DangerMouse

My wife has a 2016 Chrysler 200. I don't understand why journalist rave about uconnect. It's Very slow to connect, my Fiesta connects immediately to my phone.

Biggest complaint is if we are in the car at the same time and listening to xm, every time my wife gets a text it switches xm off and goes to media mode.

I've had BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volkswagen, and Porsche - I *STILL* think Sync is the best / most intuitive. Ford got into the game early and the refinement of their system is evident.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
odd...i've rented 3 chrysler/dodge vehicles back in 2014-15 and i actually liked the u-connect...a lot. Hated the cars tho lol Maybe they started cutting corners for the latest iterations. But with the advent of Android Auto and Apple Car Play, does it even really matter anymore? My screen only ever shows spotify, pandora, or g-maps. The underlying Sync interface is irrelevant.

zanethan

I second that I like SYNC the best. I've never really had an issue with mine or in any of the 3 previous fords I've owned.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'd say the Toyota Entune system is one of the most intuitive but no AndroidAuto and proprietary apps makes it a fail.

I may be partial but AndroidAuto on the updated Sync3 is by far the best infotainment experience I've had.

The U Connect with the big touchscreen is pretty nice. Quick to switch between screens, connects quickly, nice to look at.

Sync is still the quickest to connect and I like how it doesn't beat around the bush with texts. Simple chime and done. Unlike some that are "you received a new text message from three one two six eight.... To listen to your message say yes after the tone to dismiss the message say dismiss..."