Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Buddy where did you buy those car ramps (are those rhynos?)
Thrift store like the rest of my life. Yoga mats, jackets, shirts, the list goes on. Idk what brand off-hand, but that or the other popular brand. Low profile and bumper JUST clears... I can snap a pic if you want. They're up in the garage attic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Boost was about the same. It has to be leaking where I clamped it down on the intercooler. I left it where it naturally landed, but there's a slight flare at the base of the outlets. Should have moved it back a quarter inch.
Took it in and there was one loose hose. Still only making around 215 hp, though. The only difference now is the outside temps are around 70 instead of freezing. I don't think that alone would account for a 25 hp decrease. Or would it? Anyone know?

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club

Attachments

Fiestig

haste

1000 Post Club
Took it in and there was one loose hose. Still only making around 215 hp, though. The only difference now is the outside temps are around 70 instead of freezing. I don't think that alone would account for a 25 hp decrease. Or would it? Anyone know?
I drove my stock magnetic today with 73F ambient and it 226hp estimated from the accessport

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I drove my stock magnetic today with 73F ambient and it 226hp estimated from the accessport
Well, that's not encouraging. Something's off. I already redid the tune, and no change. It's just down on power for some reason. I thought the intercooler would help, not hurt.
Time to buy some ramps and check everything myself.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Well, that's not encouraging. Something's off. I already redid the tune, and no change. It's just down on power for some reason. I thought the intercooler would help, not hurt.
Time to buy some ramps and check everything myself.
I found the uprated rhino ramps at pep boys on sale last summer. Not a huge fan of the store but the ramps were like 55 bucks or something like that.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found the uprated rhino ramps at pep boys on sale last summer. Not a huge fan of the store but the ramps were like 55 bucks or something like that.
I need to start changing my own oil, anyway. I have the time, it's easy, and I like it done right (please ignore that I fucked up installing the intercooler, somehow :cautious:).

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I need to start changing my own oil, anyway. I have the time, it's easy, and I like it done right (please ignore that I fucked up installing the intercooler, somehow :cautious:).
For real. Now that I have the ramps changing oil on the old daily now. The drain plug was on WAY too tight from the place that did it last.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^HA, I never realized that Sir Thomas put those little boosted slimers on his AP holders! NICE touch! [coolsmile] [thumb]

I installed the aluminum alloy Thermal R&D mid brace 'skid plate' <-(as they call it) in place of the tubular steel Pierce one I had on the car.

I was able to do this with the car fully on the ground, with no jacks/jack stands involved so as not to attract the attention of the elitist, complaining neighbors, nor the Gestapo HOA 'agents' cruising the development every day. [wink] LOL

I also took advantage of the 70*F weather, and got all of the dried salt soup off of the car/Dekas, and then Collinte 845ed it. [:)]
Of course, it is going to rain in a couple of hours. [:(]

^^^HA, I never realized that Sir Thomas put those little boosted slimers on his AP holders! NICE touch! [coolsmile] [thumb]
I actually got this off of Etsy from a guy that i think is a FoST owner. 3Dautomotive is the name in case anyone is interested.

The grille detail on the pillar mount caught my attention and theres also a big ST logo on the other side of it./
The holder is also magnetic to the AP

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's what I got this morning when it was 34 degrees out. I got some ramps and I'll be checking all the boost hoses myself. There has to be a leak somewhere. Most likely at the intercooler. That's the only thing I changed.