Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Ford Racing wheels?

From SVTf experience, the EAP/Rally/FRPP 15 spoke wheel is heavy, but quite strong and bend resistant. The 5 spoke SVT wheel is also relatively heavy, but quite soft. It bends if you look at it crooked.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
From SVTf experience, the EAP/Rally/FRPP 15 spoke wheel is heavy, but quite strong and bend resistant. The 5 spoke SVT wheel is also relatively heavy, but quite soft. It bends if you look at it crooked.
Thats one of the main reasons i may get the focus rally wheel. My 17" sparco wheels didnt survive last winter in nyc even with 45 series tires.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That IS why I put them on my car.

Dave

Precisely. A lot of folks switched to them in the SVTf for that reason. The price:durability ratio is good.

I have the grey versions on my tuxedo black for my winter setup. Looks so good, and as they get dirty they just look more and more gunmetal grey and even better. I love them.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I have the grey versions on my tuxedo black for my winter setup. Looks so good, and as they get dirty they just look more and more gunmetal grey and even better. I love them.
Theres two different gray wheels on tirerack...the SVT and Fiesta. Which do you have?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The Ford Racing "rally" wheels were production wheels on the 2003-2004 SVT Focus with European Appearence Package. They came back as an optional wheel on the Focus Mk1.5 (2008-2010) as either the Street Appearance package or as the cosmetic only ST package. Back in 2003ish, Ford Racing offered the "rally" SVT Focus wheels in factory argent, black, white, and gold. When the Focus aftermarket began drying up, Ford Racing stopped with the gold and white wheels.

Since Ford used them in production for a number of years, you can find them used for a pretty good price.

The term "rally" is a little misleading as they were not developed for a competition rally wheel. It is more about the style of the wheel (think OZ Tarmac multi-spoke) and not function as a competition wheel. They were patterned after the ST170 Focus, which was mechanically the SVT Focus in Europe. The US SVT Focus came with 5-spoke wheels designed to look kind of like the 2000 Cobra R wheel. For the EAP package, SVT used the ST170 wheel for their design. Why they did not just use the ST170 wheel instead of developing their own is something I will never understand.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the info BRGT350, some good info in your post! I got a set of these wheels for a great price of $175, all straight as per the previous owner, but need some love.

Wondering what color I should go with the Tuxedo Black:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3460

after seeing a number of MkI Focuses with the wheels painted gold, I can honestly say I would strongly consider them on a black ST. I had thought about painting the wheels a dark bronze when I had the SVT Focus.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
SVT wheels look excellent on the FiST and they are 1 1/2lbs lighter than the Rado.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Having a hard time choosing between the black Focus rally and grey focus euro for my tux...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im wondering if the black rally are more bend resistant than the grey since they are made for rally. Or is that just name and they are both equally strong?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Im wondering if the black rally are more bend resistant than the grey since they are made for rally. Or is that just name and they are both equally strong?
As I have stated, I have owned both the Argent and the Black.
They do appear to be the exact same wheel except for the color.
I have hit some very nasty holes with both and never an issue.

Dave

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
As I have stated, I have owned both the Argent and the Black.
They do appear to be the exact same wheel except for the color.
I have hit some very nasty holes with both and never an issue.

Dave
Cool thanks Dave. Now to decide on tires brand and sizing lol