Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad Seller/Poor Communication

Trader history for jaysinstrife (0)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm completely screwed by this buy. I closed my dispute once he sent me a picture of the shipping receipt and now I cannot re-open a dispute once it is closed and I'm unable to issue a new one. On Monday I bet I'm going to be opening a box of rocks from this guy.
You will be able to open another dispute however, you will need to CALL PayPal directly and explain what happened.

Dave

Great, I was part of this scam also for 750. I'll have to pursue a claim. This sucks. If I can be of any assistance escalating this let me know

Bluedrank

Sounds like he actually shipped one of you guys an exhaust, and then scammed like 10 people at the same time lol.

No offense guys, but his join date is like a week ago. Every car community deals with these guys, and most of the time the scam is pretty easy to catch. It's very rarely done by established members.

I got scammed years ago by an SRT guy that bought a downpipe from me off eBay. He lived in the same town, and messaged me to save the shipping and come pick it up. Sure np right? Wrong! He then filed a PayPal dispute and because I had no shipping details I got fucked. Lost 200 on that deal.

In the SRT community there was a well known scammer that used a lot of names, one of which was sourskittle.when I first joined here and saw our sourskittle I was like wtf he's back!

Anyway, other users can learn from this unfortunate incident hopefully.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Someone should ask if that UPS store has video surveillance, maybe we can get a picture of this guy.

Wow. I feel for everyone. The Internet can be a great resource, but there are always going to be shitty ppl. The FiST community is pretty tiny and flies under the radar so this is surprising. Subbed for updates!

KKaWing

Sucks this stuff happens... I remember when a FoST forum member ripped off a one-man show exhaust vendor and he had to shut his entire operation down. I hope all of you get your money back.

Yikes, makes me not want to get anything from a for sale post unless it's in person. I hope you all get a good resolution.

Butterybunz

Just spoke with the owner of the UPS store that the package was shipped from. He said he remembered the kid because he helped him bring it in. Seems as tho the name on the receipt could be his legit name.

Told me it was one box that was shipped, and it weighed 120lbs... I don't know of any combination of parts that could weigh that much, but I could be wrong. He told me the package was currently in Illinois. Keep an eye for that box and keep us posted on what is in it.

For any of you who paid this dude, what email did he say to send payment to via PayPal?

Did he say anything about the dimensions of the box?

Butterybunz

You will be able to open another dispute however, you will need to CALL PayPal directly and explain what happened.

Dave
Unfortunately this isn't true. I called last night and they told me there's nothing they can do now that I closed my first dispute after receiving shipping info.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Unfortunately this isn't true. I called last night and they told me there's nothing they can do now that I closed my first dispute after receiving shipping info.
Sorry to hear this, they must changed their policy as I had a similar incident some time ago.

So, my next question to PayPal would be:

What if the shipment turns out to be fraudulent?
That is if package is never received or incorrect items shipped.

I am sure there is something that can be done if you get a box of rocks (hope you don't)?

Dave

Butterybunz

Sorry to hear this, they must changed their policy as I had a similar incident some time ago.

So, my next question to PayPal would be:

What if the shipment turns out to be fraudulent?
That is if package is never received or incorrect items shipped.

I am sure there is something that can be done if you get a box of rocks (hope you don't)?

Dave
I've gotta think they would help me, but last night the customer service person was basically saying I'm SOL. I had no idea I could never re-open a dispute or issue a new one.

I've gotta think they would help me, but last night the customer service person was basically saying I'm SOL. I had no idea I could never re-open a dispute or issue a new one.
Get the CFPB involved. I've twice been told I was SOL by big banks but their tune suddenly changes when you get submit a CFPB claim. It's amazing really, I bet a few days after you submit with CFPB you will magically get a very friendly call from someone on the Paypal executive team.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/