Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D 3" exhaust adapter ready + need a tester ! details inside....

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ok full 3" maximum flow exhaust guys and gals, we are set!

Thermal 3" adapters are a go!
The final details aren't ironed out but rest easy knowing they will be available soon.

Part 2 to the Thermal R&D news was the negative feedback constantly received on the exhaust tip. So guess what guys....we are getting a new tip!

That's right, We need a Fiesta ST owner that already has a Thermal exhaust in the Lancaster CA area that is willing to offer up his / her car.
They will receive a new tip on their exhaust for FREE for their time. This will not take long.
If we can't find an owner with a Thermal exhaust, we will take someone that wants to purchase a Thermal exhaust at a significantly discounted rate.

The tip has not been 100% determined but we are leaning toward a single large polished oval. No burnt edge like the current twin tip either.

Please share your thoughts and PM me with interest if you can offer your time/car for the fitting

pic of Thermal 3" adapter

felopr

mmmm single tip, i dont know man, single tip on our cars arent well received imo, just look back at pre cpe exhaust release, people where just bashing it that it was a single tip.
but awesome that we are getting a 3inch adapter imo

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
mmmm single tip, i dont know man, single tip on our cars arent well received imo, just look back at pre cpe exhaust release, people where just bashing it that it was a single tip.
no worries on the tip
we can work through it
single, larger dual tip.... You'd be surprised how many requests I get for the single tip cp-e OG option.
I guess that's why it may be good to have multiple tips available

no worries on the tip
we can work through it
single, larger dual tip.... You'd be surprised how many requests I get for the single tip cp-e OG option.
If no one with the exhaust is interested, I'd be interested in purchasing the thermal exhuast at the discounted rate to head to Lancaster. I've been looking at other exhaust options anyway lol. Let me know!

felopr

no worries on the tip
we can work through it
well my mind is open for options i guess, surprise us

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Dammit! If only I lived in CA!

IMHO I think the size of the current dual tip setup is a good size, could maybe be bigger~? Even though I already have the Thermal exhaust, single tips on these cars is a definite bleh for me.

Definitely here to see the new tip design. Will we be able to buy the tips separate if we so choose to swap them out? It works out since the Thermal exhaust has tips that clamp on immediately behind the tips so its easy to swap out.

Will 100% be getting this adapter when I get a DP.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
well my mind is open for options i guess, surprise us
Dammit! If only I lived in CA!

IMHO I think the size of the current dual tip setup is a good size, could maybe be bigger~? Even though I already have the Thermal exhaust, single tips on these cars is a definite bleh for me.

Definitely here to see the new tip design. Will we be able to buy the tips separate if we so choose to swap them out? It works out since the Thermal exhaust has tips that clamp on immediately behind the tips so its easy to swap out.

Will 100% be getting this adapter when I get a DP.

well guys this is exactly why I posted this
I get requests for single tip all the time and negative comments about the Thermal exhaust tips constantly due to the smaller diameter than most and especially the edge being the "burnt" color

Please post your opinion and feedback
I'd like to take this opportunity for a "re-do" with the tip to make a replacement "PERFECT"

i like my single 3in turndown

felopr

I guess is because the ones that had been show before, not by thermal but in general, have looked fart can-ish, and that is why it haven't been well received before. The community is open for anything, show us, you might surprise us lol

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Any set price point for this adapter? I'm full on getting one when I eventually get the DP.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Any set price point for this adapter? I'm full on getting one when I eventually get the DP.
I'm not certain on price yet. It won't be too bad.
Best part is it can ship in the same box as the DP or exhaust in many cases.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12/14/17

I have sent the adapter to a tester

It fits great and he is very happy with it

Thermal is making a bunch of these for me and should be in stock within the next 2 weeks

I'm only going to charge what these cost me, plus tax, shipping, and credit card fees.....no margin- 0
just to help this system have the options it should have and current owners get the exhaust section they want if needed

this is "new news"
This may take a little time but in the future when ordering a Thermal system, you will have the option to order a 2.5-->3" "or" full 3" adapter with your exhaust
both parts will not come with the exhaust but you will have a choice
[pray]

last bit of news!
the tester for our new exhaust tip
after the holidays, out tester will receive a Thermal R&D system for 50% off Retail for the exhaust
. That's 50% off MSRP, not my price on the whoosh site but 50% off the retail price of the system direct from Thermal.
Crazy cheap and you get a new exhaust tip! Pretty good deal if you ask me. PM me with interest.

We still need input on the new design exhaust tip. It seems like a large single may not be "the ticket"
Black coatings won't happen, that's not the gist of this exercise. The size and shape plus the "burnt" look is what the negative feedback derived from so maybe just a different angle cut, larger diameter, fully polished would be the right path?

Still looking for some good quality direction and feedback from everyone...we have some time before the tip is made up after the holidays

thanks all!

-Ron