Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D 3" exhaust adapter ready + need a tester ! details inside....

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

DangerMouse

Maybe a one size piping dual tip, rather than the step look to it, the polished part is a little on the stubby side. Also the right side sticks out more than the left, I think the opposite could look better or rather a more even flush look. Hopefully this makes sense.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
it's that time!

need a tester in the California area "now" ish or that will drive there ......

you could receive a system for up to 50% off the Retail price for doing this. The key detail here for this is you will have to drive your car to Thermal in Lancaster CA and leave it there for a period of time (same day, not overnight)

PM me for more details

-Ron

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
just FYI

I posted this on FB and have 3 guys lined up

new tip will be ready in a few weeks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
Update on this

The tip change is very subtle
No more welded edge which provides the "burnt color"
Same tip just now fully polished

Thanks all

I do have 3" adapters in stock for anyone needing one

Update on this

The tip change is very subtle
No more welded edge which provides the "burnt color"
Same tip just now fully polished

Thanks all

I do have 3" adapters in stock for anyone needing one
Hey Ron, with nice weather slowly returning here in Michigan I am going to be ready to order a cat back soon so a couple of questions. Are the updated tips what you now get when ordering the Thermal and when will the 3" adaptor be an option when ordering the exhaust? Also, any update on your Whoosh branded cat back? I am still undecided what cat back to go with. I have the 2JR catless DP waiting to go on. Even though it supposed to be a full 3" DP it does only have a 2.5" flange opening on the exhaust end. I do have a few other items I want to get from you and hope to do one big order. Any spring sales coming? Thanks man [woot]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
Hey Ron, with nice weather slowly returning here in Michigan I am going to be ready to order a cat back soon so a couple of questions. Are the updated tips what you now get when ordering the Thermal and when will the 3" adaptor be an option when ordering the exhaust? Also, any update on your Whoosh branded cat back? I am still undecided what cat back to go with. I have the 2JR catless DP waiting to go on. Even though it supposed to be a full 3" DP it does only have a 2.5" flange opening on the exhaust end. I do have a few other items I want to get from you and hope to do one big order. Any spring sales coming? Thanks man [woot]
yes, you now receive the updated tip...full polished now, that's the only change
as far as I know, the Thermal 3" adapter is going to remain an item Thermal produces for me as an option for customers who want to add a full 3" DP to make their system full 3"
Right now their system is designed to be used with the stock DP which uses the supplied 2.5" adapter which works perfect.

If you downpipe is 2.5" at the exhaust connection you're good to go with the existing Thermal connector/adapter that comes with the kit.

I have something pretty amazing in the works for exhaust
but it will take a little time

Yes I do, sounds amazing! I don't have any clips off hand but can try to get some when I have a chance.
Cool man. I'm looking at the same setup then. So you got the 3" adaptor and it bolted up fine to the 2JR DP? I assume you knew the 2JR had a 2.5" outlet flange after the flex section but wanted to go straight to the 3" ASAP? From what I can see in the pic of the standard adaptor on Ron's site it looks like it goes to 3" after about 1.5" or so. Maybe another .5"-.75" of 2.5" in the DP so a total of 2"-3" of a 2.5" bottleneck. Just wondering if the extra $70 is worth it?

Cool man. I'm looking at the same setup then. So you got the 3" adaptor and it bolted up fine to the 2JR DP? I assume you knew the 2JR had a 2.5" outlet flange after the flex section but wanted to go straight to the 3" ASAP? From what I can see in the pic of the standard adaptor on Ron's site it looks like it goes to 3" after about 1.5" or so. Maybe another .5"-.75" of 2.5" in the DP so a total of 2"-3" of a 2.5" bottleneck. Just wondering if the extra $70 is worth it?
Yeah, I ended up needing the adapter for my 2J, idk If they are making them different now, but the flange on mine was about 2.85 inches (I know not quite 3") but without the new flange it wouldn't seal to the thermal. With the adapter (thanks for getting it Ron!) it seals perfectly and I can get a little more pops and burbles out of it. I would spend the extra $70 just to not have to deal with the sealing issues I faced

Is there a way to order the Thermal exhaust with the 3" DP adapter instead of the 2.5" so those of us with 3" DPs don't have to pay extra? I couldn't find it on the site that way last time I checked.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
Is there a way to order the Thermal exhaust with the 3" DP adapter instead of the 2.5" so those of us with 3" DPs don't have to pay extra? I couldn't find it on the site that way last time I checked.
not at the moment
it's not a money grab...the Thermal R&D system is designed to install with your OEM downpipe and it actually will connect with most downpipes that taper to 2.5" at the exhaust connection as well
for those that want a full 3" system and use a full 3" downpipe such as a cp-e DP or the whoosh catless or catted DP's, we have worked with Thermal to stock the 3" adapters

right now out of the Thermal systems sold, about 50% use the adapter, maybe a little less
the part was made out of a request and a need...I think it's great that it exists and that you don't need to get a muffler shop to fab something up. The adapter is literally a 5 minute swap.

The adapter is literally a 5 minute swap.
I will say I didn't know what to think about that added connection right after the downpipe but after seeing the quality of the provided exhaust clamp it doesn't bother me anymore. Its a huge plus that I wont have to drop the exhaust to install your dp and 3" adaptor when I do eventually install it.