Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

-1.25/+3.25 corrections cylinder 4. Worn plugs? Something else?

Under load going to wot I’d worry. Drive it like a bike. Stay in or close to the powerband and don’t bog it

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Under load going to wot I’d worry. Drive it like a bike. Stay in or close to the powerband and don’t bog it
Will do. It's so much more torquey than my Abarth was that I think I tend to leave it in third a lot around town when maybe I should be dropping to second.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44

Spork1569

Yeah I’d read it. I just went almost a year with no negative corrections, started recently. Wonder if it’s the summer gas formulation maybe.
Maybe temperature has an effect? I notice now in the summer I get negative corrections more frequently when it's a scorching day. Never goes beyond - 1.00 usually but when it's cold out I usually see 0.00

Last edited:
Maybe temperature has an effect? I notice now in the summer I get negative corrections more frequently when it's a scorching day. Never goes beyond - 1.00 usually but when it's cold out u usually see 0.00
I would say temps absolutely have an effect given the chances of pre ignition are higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick_V

When I was getting my tune done by Stratified I kept getting corrections around 6k. After talking with Nolan about it he reassured me it was just the higher air temps causing my knock. This was last year around this time. Texas gets to 90+ degrees with some humidity in the mix.

This is what he said: "Looking at your new set of logs, there’s nothing to worry about. From my investigation, I’ve come to a conclusion that your car is running pretty hot and I’m sure you’re aware that cars hate being hot. So what does that mean? Well, simple. When the charge air temps are high, the car will start knocking to compensate for the heat and that’s exactly what your car is doing. Other than that, your car is working perfectly!"

I came from the Mazdaspeed platform and partial throttle knock is nothing to worry about. Just a noisy engine being noisy. Its the WOT knock you have to worry about. I ran the car pretty hard on the way back from the grocery store today (hot hatch ftw) and the worst correction I saw was -1.45. I've seen my corrections go all the from -1.6 to +6.0. After reading this thread I realize I haven't changed my plugs since my 93 Protune, should probably get some new ones lol

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Threw in 1.5 gallons of e85 and no more part throttle corrections in 13 miles of surface street driving.