Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Negative timing corrections

Hey! So my FiST is basically stock with a Cobb stage 1 tune in it I just did last night. I’m seeing pretty big negative timing corrections, is this normal especially for a new tune? If give it modest but quick gas (to like 3k) all 4 cylinders will cut timing

sorry I’m new to tuning and the AP

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZfjJkZr

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey! So my FiST is basically stock with a Cobb stage 1 tune in it I just did last night. I’m seeing pretty big negative timing corrections, is this normal especially for a new tune? If give it modest but quick gas (to like 3k) all 4 cylinders will cut timing

sorry I’m new to tuning and the AP

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZfjJkZr
Whats your Octane Adjustment Ratio/OAR/ Is it -1.00? If not you may have poopy gas. Also is the AP3/ Accessport been updated lately?

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #3
Hmm, maybe that’s it. No it’s sitting at -0.67

i flashed the stage 0 tune and OAR was sitting at +0.6 and my timing during pulls seemed almost all positive.

so would that prolly be gas then?

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #5
iIdo not have access to e85. even on stock tune it should be at -1.00?

I'm at a little under half a tank so ill try a different gas here in a day or two

dhminer

2000 Post Club
iIdo not have access to e85. even on stock tune it should be at -1.00?

I'm at a little under half a tank so ill try a different gas here in a day or two
Yes always at -1.0 OAR. Idk if there are multiple OARs or not but you want the OAR learned parameter. Giving it some gas around 3k rpm in a high gear multiple times will get the car to learn. Slightly uphill makes it even easier. Like typhoon said if it’s not -1.0 that’s a sign of bad gas and you should go easy on it. Running 87 on stock map won’t damage anything as Ford tuned it pretty intelligently, but should always run 93 if you want to drive it hard at all. After all more knock is never a good thing.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #8
ok sounds good. yea it SHOULD be 93 but I will admit I didn't fill up at my normal station ( was up in town and needed gas so I went to the nearest station without even thinking about it) and this is the first tank of gas I've had in the car.

I've flashed it back to stock and it's not reading negative 1, and going easy on the throttle it hasn't given my negative corrections. so I'll put good gas in it here in a few days when it's lower and report back.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
one does about 25 minutes from me, so it's not really practical to fill up there every week ( I burn close to a tank a week)
Even if you don't use it every time, it would be interesting to try a gallon of e85 in the tank and see if it helps. At least you'd know it was a fuel quality issue.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #12
so update, I put a full tank of 93 from the station I know is good and it's doing much better. OAR is -1.00 and I'm getting pretty much only positive corrections (occasional knock but not often and it's not about -1.5 correction)

Thanks everyone! I've since put the stage 1 back on and no issues