Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1st Mod for my 19 FiST

Finally got around to adding a Boomba Racing rear motor mount took all of 30 minutes to do , hardest part was getting everything ready and getting it on ramps .
So from this

To this

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but I'll let you all know how it is after my trip to work and home later this evening .

OP
F
Thread Starter #2
Okay , here we go . The vibrations are extremely more noticeable from 1st to 2nd it's almost like the car is gonna shake apart but once I get into the upper gears it's has very minimal vibrations even with the a/c on. But Boomba has on the installation paper that it could take up to 1000 miles to get it broke in . Which I don't see how that super hard material gets broke in unless is wallows out a little since it's not really flexible . But the car just has 400 miles on it so I guess I'll know something about time for it's 1st oil change at 5000 miles . But I like the stiffness when shifting into gear and when I step on the gas you can tell it's not springy like with the old mount . :cool:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Hey if you don't like it you can always try that whoosh rear motor mount out. I installed mine Sunday I don't even notice the vibrations. I made a video about it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
ok, I'll keep that in mind, The FiST big brother my 07 Focus has a rmm similar to this Boomba so I'm used to having a lot of vibration that will rattle your teeth . So the FiST doesn't seem that bad .

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the mountune rmm installed. I don’t notice vibrations . Another option for u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the mountune. Very little vibration, and it gets smoother over time. The Whoosh is new, but it looks very similar.

+1 on the mountune. Very little vibration, and it gets smoother over time. The Whoosh is new, but it looks very similar.
My experience with the Mountune is great from a vibration perspective (almost none) and shifts feel much more direct. Unfortunately, it makes an awful creaking noise at low speeds. I guess I need to reinstall it with more lithium grease. I've always heard that urethane bushings are prone to squeaking and creaking and that's what I am getting right now.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My experience with the Mountune is great from a vibration perspective (almost none) and shifts feel much more direct. Unfortunately, it makes an awful creaking noise at low speeds. I guess I need to reinstall it with more lithium grease. I've always heard that urethane bushings are prone to squeaking and creaking and that's what I am getting right now.
Yeah. Mine came with 2 packages of grease. Use a lot.

Spork1569

I have that same exact issue. Noticed it one day while leaving work and it seems to go away once the car warms up. Only happens just as I'm getting into gear so I was scared it was a tranny or clutch issue.

Maybe if I have free time this weekend I'll get under there and smear all the bushings with grease again, maybe that's the reason for all the noise is the polyethylene rubbing the washers the wrong way.