Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2017 Fiesta ST Orange Spice 19600 miles

Trader history for hopware (0)

hopware

IMG_2430.jpg IMG_2431.jpg IMG_2432.jpg IMG_2433.jpg IMG_2434.jpg IMG_2435.jpg IMG_2436.jpg IMG_2538.jpg IMG_2553.JPG
Original owner, completely stock except for wheels and Sync update. Immaculate condition, no accidents, no dents or dings. Replikaz 17X7 15 spoke wheels w/TPMS, Pilot Sports, Forscan update to Sync 3.4. Backup camera enabled, camera not installed. Husky Liners, Weathertech cargo liner. Includes stock unused floor mats, stock wheels w/TPMS, 1 slightly bent but repairable (pothole), 1 Pilot Sport w/12k miles, 3 new Mobil1 filters, and 10qts Mobil1 oil . Title in hand. $21,500. Ordered new Tesla, Vroom offered $19k w/ no extras and stock wheels on it. Tesla dealer will match that. Trade in gets me a $1.5k sales tax reduction, so that's what I'm going to do, unless someone here want's it. IMG_2430.jpg

OP
H

hopware

Thread Starter #5
I understand the resistance to change. After having the Tesla M3LR AWD for a week now, we're talking apples and oranges. I'm not in the same demographic as probably 98% of the members here. I bought the original hot hatch new in 1983, a VW GTI. I've owned a CivicSi, Integra GSR, Acura RSX, Gen 1 S2000, and the ST. I was going to buy a Focus RS before the ST but the whole headgasket fiasco cured that itch. None of the cars I had accelerated as fiercely as the Tesla, not even close. Obviously they're not comparable in MSRP. I really liked my ST but it was worth more than I paid for it. In 10 years, 90% of the cars sold are going to be electric. I'm sure there will be sporty models that will appeal to the younger crowd. OBTW, my ST is on Carvana for $23990. Yes, I think that's some crazy shit but that's the world we live in. Adapt or die. 1983 003.jpg

I understand the resistance to change. After having the Tesla M3LR AWD for a week now, we're talking apples and oranges. I'm not in the same demographic as probably 98% of the members here. I bought the original hot hatch new in 1983, a VW GTI. I've owned a CivicSi, Integra GSR, Acura RSX, Gen 1 S2000, and the ST. I was going to buy a Focus RS before the ST but the whole headgasket fiasco cured that itch. None of the cars I had accelerated as fiercely as the Tesla, not even close. Obviously they're not comparable in MSRP. I really liked my ST but it was worth more than I paid for it. In 10 years, 90% of the cars sold are going to be electric. I'm sure there will be sporty models that will appeal to the younger crowd. OBTW, my ST is on Carvana for $23990. Yes, I think that's some crazy shit but that's the world we live in. Adapt or die. View attachment 47477

I mean hey, that's fair.

I've always said I'll buy an electric car either when I'm forced to, or when I can wrench on it as much as an ICE. I've been in a tesla, no doubt that they are an entirely different animal, and I could even see getting one as a family car.

but (to me at least), half the fun of a "sporty" car is working on it.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I mean hey, that's fair.

I've always said I'll buy an electric car either when I'm forced to, or when I can wrench on it as much as an ICE. I've been in a tesla, no doubt that they are an entirely different animal, and I could even see getting one as a family car.

but (to me at least), half the fun of a "sporty" car is working on it.
Tesla’s accelerate fast they are not great handling IMO. I also feel you ride them more than drive them. Do not even get started on the non straight body panels. Ya I would never own a Tesla . I will most likely own a Hybrid. I have not seen a straight ahead EV that could go the distance yet mileage wise. When you can jump in a EV and drive it 300-500 miles without having to charge it and when having too charge it it does not take 4-5 hours. Thats when I see them as being a viable alternative. I do believe the tech will get there it’s just not yet.
Hence Hybrid, in my book and ya the Maverick little truck looks real interesting.

Last edited:

Mikey456

It’s funny and a little bit ironic, but as fast as the Teslas are I see them being so slowly on the road. Maybe they are trying to conserve their battery?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Hence Hybrid, in my book and ya the Maverick little truck looks real interesting.
I'll be ordering one within the next 90 days, bare bones model. My current main daily is a Honda Fit with nearly 180k miles so I want to be prepared.

I'm still interested in where all the lithium is going to cone from, never mind a charging network that works. Then there's the whole electricity generation bit.

And unless you can afford a new one very 3 to 5 years, advances / changes in battery technology and tech in general will render them as useless for 2nd hand value.

Anyone fancy a Leaf with 60 mile range?? :D

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm still interested in where all the lithium is going to cone from, never mind a charging network that works. Then there's the whole electricity generation bit.

And unless you can afford a new one very 3 to 5 years, advances / changes in battery technology and tech in general will render them as useless for 2nd hand value.

Anyone fancy a Leaf with 60 mile range?? :D
Well this is in part why i favor hybrid’s at this time ….Though litium battery tech is changing fast there are companies here on the verge of rendering the current lithium car cell tech obsolete. Within 5 years they will most likely have a lot of the current caveats people bring up solved. The tech on the battery front will majorly reduce the amount of lithium needed. The charging times will drop and the length per charge will go up. This stuff is already in R&D as an investor in tech and having grown up in Palo Alto( aka the heart and birthplace of Silicon Valley) I know more about these things than i ever imagined I would as a young man.

I should add a lot of this will help to solve the supposed power grid issue people like to bring up as well.
I am not on the EV band wagon , Though I do see it happening as inevitable. It’s going forward the train has left the station so to speak and momentum is ramping up fast. It’s a fact we are going to live with.

Oh agreed etc but prices fir this stuff are well out of the reach of Joe average. Even if I had a spare £50k I'd just not blow it on what is essentially white goods.

Bit like paying £55k for an E Rav4. That's beyond menthol :)