Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2022+ GR86 / BRZ Discussion

PhoenixM3

I want to drive one, but know I’ll be hooked. I’m lurking on the GR86 forums to learn more about this car. I have a new Bronco reservation, but Ford really screwed the allocation distribution, so that purchase probably won’t happen.

I may instead end up getting her a Grand Cherokee, I’d likely sell the FiST then get a GR86. Who knows? New cars are such a poor investment.....

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Local dealer called me back today. The White GR86 in Premium trim on their website has already been spoken for (was a reservation).

They did offer to work with me to bring in another model like it for a $1,000 refundable deposit. They did say it would be 4-6 months before I'd see the car, and the deposit would be refundable, and they would lock me in at MSRP pricing for now. I think I may go in this weekend to work on the deal.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'm really happy with that's done as well, although definitely dissapointed there's no turbocharging (would be happy to pay premium for that). Tempted to replace my Fiesta with this or the ND Miata in a few years. Yes definitely prefer the 86 over the BRZ with the suspension tuning as per the reviews.

btw - good choice with the Z3s in 225/16
Blah blah no turbo this no turbo that. I have a 2022 brz and came from a fist and 2020 wrx. Not one time after driving my new brz have I ever thought it needs more power. It’s honestly pretty impressive compared to the first generation of these cars.

Last edited:

Lays

Have a newborn coming this month and trying to buy a house, can't do both unfortunately lol

Do it, I should have waited for this and kept the FiST instead of getting the Veloster lol
I'm worried about the large power difference, since I'm s280 with lots of mods etc :(

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'm curious what the brz will make with ethanol + fbo will make, I saw some people theorizing around 250 whp, that would keep me happy I think.
Looking at the older FRS/86/BRZ forums that looks doable. They’re pulling ~215whp in stock form. Old gen was ~170 in stock form and folks got them up to ~205. Even if you can only pick up the same +35hp that’d be sweet. At what cost though - if it’s a few grand for 35hp then I’d just throw on an intake and cbe for more noise and go zoom.