Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2022+ GR86 / BRZ Discussion

Mikey456

Just out of curiosity, is there more interior room in the new model. Specifically the rear seats? I remember when I was cross shopping with the 1st generation, but found out it had no space for baby seats/small passengers etc.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m following your lead and am I’m putting my FiST up for sale now. Wife’s not pleased that I’ve already bought a GR86. Howd you spec your car?
Do it, Carvana, CarMax and Vroom are offering tons of money for them right now.

I have a '22 Limited with optional LED interior lights, all weather mats, trunk liner, and rear bumper applique. So I get the fancy headlights, leather & ultrasuede interior, heated seats, and 18" wheels with the Michelin PS4 tires on them with the limited package. Obviously its a 6MT.

Just out of curiosity, is there more interior room in the new model. Specifically the rear seats? I remember when I was cross shopping with the 1st generation, but found out it had no space for baby seats/small passengers etc.
I'd say its about the same honestly. I tried to sit in the back and have someone else drive and you just can't fit a grown adult in the back seat. I'm 5'10" 150lb, and its just not possible. Small kids might be fine, a car seat would be ok, but this is definitely not a family oriented car like the FiST.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
no its basically the same

dhminer

2000 Post Club
certainly looks that way, cant wait to see pictures!

We need a FiST > 86 section lol
New twins are sweet, not surprising how much it's happening given used car prices we can get. Surprised there hasn't been any FiST > Supra but maybe some FiST > Z when they come out.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
New twins are sweet, not surprising how much it's happening given used car prices we can get. Surprised there hasn't been any FiST > Supra but maybe some FiST > Z when they come out.
I think its price prohibitive for the Supra. The 4cyl version isn't worth buying, and the 6cyl version is 50k+. Not exactly the most affordable, whereas the 86 is far closer to Fiesta STs original MSRP.

Has pricing been announced on Z yet?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I think there is going to be a number of FiST’s to Z’s . I am pretty damn interested in the Z myself. Of course I would not be getting rid of my FiST . I would be adding the Z into the mix. The M3 on the other hand is going out the door.

No but predictions are: Starting at 39k supposedly. If you want the performance version I think it was around 45k
Actually I follow the Z and the pricing starts 35k not 39. Though it does range up to 45k for what would be a Nismo version.

Mikey456

I think people need to remember when comparing cars that we drive hot hatches, not dedicated sports cars. The FiST does drive like a sports car, but is based on an economy hatch. The expectation of our cars should reflect that IMHO. But if someone what’s a dedicated sports car there are many options including pre owned Boxsters, C5’s, etc. Just in case someone else decides to jump ship. [emoji17]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I think people need to remember when comparing cars that we drive hot hatches, not dedicated sports cars. The FiST does drive like a sports car, but is based on an economy hatch. The expectation of our cars should reflect that IMHO. But if someone what’s a dedicated sports car there are many options including pre owned Boxsters, C5’s, etc. Just in case someone else decides to jump ship. [emoji17]
Ya but I think some want to buy new and some have past allegiances or favorites that lead them to the Z or the twins. I know quite few hardcore Nissan fans who bought FiST’s as daily drivers of course I am one of them. Ya I own a BMW :LOL: but that was always the competition in high school. (510 days) . I have no allegiance to them I actually have more to Ford because I not only started with a 65 Mustang but also owned two MKI Fiesta’s one of which was a an S!:LOL: In between all that and after was a plethora of different Nissans from z’s to trucks and Infiniti’s.
There are also many ex Subie drivers with FiST’s that see the BRZ as finally becoming the car it was always supposed to be Then you have some that will take the GR86 from just liking the looks better. After all in a sense it’s a Subie underneath. Which makes it easier for me to own as well as well Nissan vs Toyota . They have always been Japans Ford to GM . Germany’s BMW to Mercedes Etc…

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I think there is going to be a number of FiST’s to Z’s . I am pretty damn interested in the Z myself. Of course I would not be getting rid of my FiST . I would be adding the Z into the mix. The M3 on the other hand is going out the door.

Actually I follow the Z and the pricing starts 35k not 39. Though it does range up to 45k for what would be a Nismo version.
I’m right there with ya sir! I’m likely going to switch jobs soon at which point I’ll have to turn in my company vehicle and get a new one. If AWD isn’t a necessity then it’ll be a Z for me. It even rhymes

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Z is shaping up to be a very nice car. If it wasn't priced where it is I'd have considered it. I couldn't justify a higher payment than the Veloster, as much as the Z would be a better car in every way.

PhoenixM3

Well, deposit placed today for GR86 premium in Halo White. Locked in at MSRP.

Was told 3-6 months is likely arrival (depending on allocations)
Where are you located? I got extremely lucky by just calling and chatting with a dealer.