Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

257-HP Toyota GR Corolla Turbocharged Hot Hatch Is Coming

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Because people like to bitch. God forbid we get another hot hatch in america with a 6 speed manual option.
I like it. I just wish it were offered in the smaller Yaris here. Less weight = more fun.

But of course, this is 'murika, where bigger is always better.

After seeing this video, the Corolla that will be sent here will inevitably be such a let down, no matter what they will do to it...

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm bitching cause we wanted the Yaris. And we know there is such a Yaris not in the US

Just like when rumors were around about the Fit. Give me a Fit with Si engine and show me the paper work and debt

As with the Yaris

This is 100% a load to the face from Japan again

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm bitching cause we wanted the Yaris. And we know there is such a Yaris not in the US.
^^^I liken it to that I just could not bring myself to buying a FoST, knowing that the FoRS was out there, if I were in the market for a Focus size/class ride (and yeah, I know that BOTH were actually available HERE, albeit very limited for the RS, unlike the Yaris GR vs. the Corolla GR). [wink]

Since Ford did not offer us a 300+HP AWD fiesta, I bought the very top performance model available for this marque. [:)] [driving]

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Pass on price.

Pass on power/awd too. 257hp? Neat. With AWD that makes it out to be probably 205whp, woopy lol. Even at the weight its meh

TDavis

1000 Post Club
AWD is instant grip. 205whp on your butt dyno feels a lot faster on awd vs fwd. Spinning tires sucks.
Butt dynos are irrelevant to whats actually reality though lol. I'd be interested once the price is lower, relibility is tested, and see what the aftermarket comes out with. This could be a flop like the Focus RS was. the FoRS wasn't as exciting as everyone thought.

Butt dynos are irrelevant to whats actually reality though lol. I'd be interested once the price is lower, relibility is tested, and see what the aftermarket comes out with
I disagree about the butt dyno point. Everyones opinion differs, but I believe the butt dyno is directly related to how it feels to drive the car. I think we could all agree that the fiesta isn't a fast car, but it's very enjoyable to drive because of how it feels. EX: My fiesta could make 600whp, but if it doesn't go anywhere then who gives a shit. But take a stock fiesta on some RE71r around and AutoX course and the sheer grip and handling makes it thrilling to drive.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I disagree about the butt dyno point. Everyones opinion differs, but I believe the butt dyno is directly related to how it feels to drive the car. I think we could all agree that the fiesta isn't a fast car, but it's very enjoyable to drive because of how it feels. EX: My fiesta could make 600whp, but if it doesn't go anywhere then who gives a shit. But take a stock fiesta on some RE71r around and AutoX course and the sheer grip and handling makes it thrilling to drive.
Yeah I agree with your point. I'm still not paying that price for it though lol