Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2860 install

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #143
Pretty good. I'm on my second revision now, about 18-20 psi. Seems to be running good. Ive been trying to get the logs done quick so Jason will keep turning the boost up 🤘

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #146
Just out of curiosity, can someone explain to me how tuners go about getting the most out of your setup without blowing up the motor? Like with my setup id like to shoot for 350-370 and since I don't track my car or drive it during the winter, it doesn't get abused much so I'm hoping I can get those numbers and still be safe but I'm just curious as to how they know when to stop tuning and say that's all we can do.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Just out of curiosity, can someone explain to me how tuners go about getting the most out of your setup without blowing up the motor? Like with my setup id like to shoot for 350-370 and since I don't track my car or drive it during the winter, it doesn't get abused much so I'm hoping I can get those numbers and still be safe but I'm just curious as to how they know when to stop tuning and say that's all we can do.
Most will limit you to ~340whp on stock engine. 360-370whp seems to be the ticket with ARP head studs but beyond that you’ll need to build the bottom end or let your tuner know you’re OK with grenading your engine.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #148
Most will limit you to ~340whp on stock engine. 360-370whp seems to be the ticket with ARP head studs but beyond that you’ll need to build the bottom end or let your tuner know you’re OK with grenading your engine.
So now I need head studs lol

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #151
I've also been wondering what power can be achieved on just 93 with the injectors and pump i have. Everyone says 300 is the limit for stock fuel system but I wonder if you can hit 340 with my setup. Might not even need ethanol

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I've also been wondering what power can be achieved on just 93 with the injectors and pump i have. Everyone says 300 is the limit for stock fuel system but I wonder if you can hit 340 with my setup. Might not even need ethanol
Depends who’s tuning. You using dizzy or stratified? Good to go if so 👌🏼

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #155
You’ll hit 340 no doubt. Tell Jason what your goals are and he’ll get you as close as humanly possible. He tuned my 2860 and I can’t say enough good about him.
Can I ask you what your goals for your 2860 setup were? Are you done tuning? I'm on my second revision and just waiting for him to send me the 3rd. Curious how many more he'll send.

Magnetic

Would a bigger turbo give you more HP than a hybrid if they both use the same fuel? For example will a hybrid on 91 get less HP than a 2860?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Can I ask you what your goals for your 2860 setup were? Are you done tuning? I'm on my second revision and just waiting for him to send me the 3rd. Curious how many more he'll send.
I’m on stock fuel system so just wanted to max it out. I’m done tuning somewhere ~285whp according to vdyno and Jason got every bit out of it possible while remaining safe. I think revision #6 is the final one. I sent him logs pretty consistently on Sunday evenings and had a revision back within a week. Revision 3 or 4 was pretty damn close to final power numbers and the rest was just fine tuning.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Would a bigger turbo give you more HP than a hybrid if they both use the same fuel? For example will a hybrid on 91 get less HP than a 2860?
Most aftermarket turbos are limited by the fuel system, not the octane. But a 2860 can support more fuel than a hybrid, once you’ve upgraded your injectors/hpfp or added aux fuel system.

Magnetic

Most aftermarket turbos are limited by the fuel system, not the octane. But a 2860 can support more fuel than a hybrid, once you’ve upgraded your injectors/hpfp or added aux fuel system.
I'm working on upgrading the fuel system and will be doing both HPFP and Injectors. I was planning on getting an x57 or an EFR 6258 but wondered if I would even have any gains on 91 because my tuner said I'm already on the knock limit with my hybrid. So thats why I was curious if I would even see any gains with a larger turbo before upgrading the fuel system. So I assume if I'm already at the knock limit with the hybrid and only have 240 HP than I would only be able to reach 240 and the EFR as well. Does this sound right? If so then I'll upgrade the turbo last if thats the case.

Thanks in advance!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'm working on upgrading the fuel system and will be doing both HPFP and Injectors. I was planning on getting an x57 or an EFR 6258 but wondered if I would even have any gains on 91 because my tuner said I'm already on the knock limit with my hybrid. So thats why I was curious if I would even see any gains with a larger turbo before upgrading the fuel system. So I assume if I'm already at the knock limit with the hybrid and only have 240 HP than I would only be able to reach 240 and the EFR as well. Does this sound right? If so then I'll upgrade the turbo last if thats the case.

Thanks in advance!
That’s a good question. I’m not really sure. It would make sense though however folks seem to be making 275whp on 91 with 2860s and s280s. I’m sure browsing some vdyno threads would answer the question