Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Btw, have you ever measured the temp in that area of the cowl. I wondered how much the hot surface of the cowl and hood on a hot summer day in Florida will make on the air entering that area.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Well find out. It was 88 degrees out when I was seeing 111 degrees on charge temps. I have a pandamotorsports intercooler ( TR-6 core ). That was with the AC on and all the kids with me.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Jpgc.
That's what I'm hear for, lol. I'll post anything about rattles or what ever.
Cyborg turbo cars, I think will see an enormous gain. Not just because the air flow, but the response. 1-2psi gain in the amount of boost it can make across the band could be 8-15-20whp depending on RPM and the boost level before the intake.

Stock turbo cars? Well.... I'll let everyone else fill in the blanks on that. I've already logged 354tq through V-dyno on a stock turbo unit ( with the big inlet and ported parts ), so I'm not sure what type of gain is to be had on the stock turbo in the bottom or mid-range, but maybe it will really help up top? I'm not one to be able to answer that. But rock solid inlet temps will be nice in the summer. It wasn't a big deal to me until a week or 2 ago when the heat came back, and I'm seeing 111degree charge temps just sitting in traffic.
Big inlet?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Since we're still off topic, it would be interesting to see someone with the Cobb CAI and a stock turbo (preferably custom tuned) buy a bigger filter, say, a standard Autozone Spectre brand filter, and do some datalogging. Then throw those datalogs into vDyno; I'd like to see their results.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Any word on a shipping date ? I just got my full turbo back exhaust installed. I cant wait to get this and hear my turbo really scream!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Since we're still off topic, it would be interesting to see someone with the Cobb CAI and a stock turbo (preferably custom tuned) buy a bigger filter, say, a standard Autozone Spectre brand filter, and do some datalogging. Then throw those datalogs into vDyno; I'd like to see their results.
I can do that soon...I'm using a much larger k&n filter. I'm finishing up my custom box/ heat shield at the moment :)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
how does this mate up to the turbo? with 2.5" to 2.5" or do you need a 3" to 2.5" coupler?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I can do that soon...I'm using a much larger k&n filter. I'm finishing up my custom box/ heat shield at the moment :)
In the seat, have you noticed any reduced lag or improvement power between Cobbs filter and the K&N?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

You never seen this ? Look in my threads about the cyborg :)
Pm'd you fool! Looks like a PIA to put on.

None. If you look up 2js old intake comparison thread you will notice that even with a larger filter like the AEM comes with no difference in power was seen. Even with the intake out of the engine bay with the hood up. Its a gimmick. Throw a drop in mod the stock box.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Pm'd you fool! Looks like a PIA to put on.

None. If you look up 2js old intake comparison thread you will notice that even with a larger filter like the AEM comes with no difference in power was seen. Even with the intake out of the engine bay with the hood up. Its a gimmick. Throw a drop in mod the stock box.
If IIRC wasn't that Injen filter vs panel filter? I was wondering about Cobb's specifically. Think of it as fuji apples to fuji apples.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
If IIRC wasn't that Injen filter vs panel filter? I was wondering about Cobb's specifically. Think of it as fuji apples to fuji apples.
I understand but a pipe is a pipe and filter a filter. The injen filter is larger then cobbs and they test it against a drop in and modded box.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm not drawing anymore conclusions about any other intakes but this one, and until I test it... Not much to say about that either, other than.... I sure could use it this week, lol

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #236
We showed all the intakes to Ihor today (local member). We are just waiting on the this part - Gates Racing 28612 GATES Hose Cnctr Its a 1" to 3/4" reducer, plastic for the PCV. If anyone has a line on them, please let us know.

Also, we upgraded all the couplers to 70 durometer 4 Ply Woven Aramid Reinforced Turbo Hose. Good for 500deg and helps insulate. Better than the cheap stuff

JPGC

2000 Post Club
In the seat, have you noticed any reduced lag or improvement power between Cobbs filter and the K&N?
I sent you a pm...at the seat of a the pants it feels stronger. I'm still working on the heat shield, once that's done, I will Vdyno. It feels better in throttle response and midrange as well...much smoother. I sounds awesome, lol. I also found something weird with having the larger filter...and I monitored this all day. Right now with the incomplete heat shielding/ box...my intake air temps are about 5-10 degrees higher on the highway and 10-30 degrees higher idling for 3-5 minutes. That's expected, but what I didn't expect is that my charge temps are consistently lower 2-5 degrees ( when I'm not idling for a long time) even with the higher intake air temps.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I sent you a pm...at the seat of a the pants it feels stronger. I'm still working on the heat shield, once that's done, I will Vdyno. It feels better in throttle response and midrange as well...much smoother. I sounds awesome, lol. I also found something weird with having the larger filter...and I monitored this all day. Right now with the incomplete heat shielding/ box...my intake air temps are about 5-10 degrees higher on the highway and 10-30 degrees higher idling for 3-5 minutes. That's expected, but what I didn't expect is that my charge temps are consistently lower 2-5 degrees ( when I'm not idling for a long time) even with the higher intake air temps.
I have to see this. The filter cant be much larger then the injen, plus right now it is basically an injen intake.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have to see this. The filter cant be much larger then the injen, plus right now it is basically an injen intake.
It's a little larger than the Injen filter and is mounted lower in the engine bay than the Injen. This will be similar in design as the Injen with the exception of the filter size, location and slightly larger piping diameter.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
What is the K&N part No. of the filter? i would be looking to also pickup the hydrophobic cover for Canada's moist climate.
[MENTION=542]joe@2j-racing[/MENTION]