Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Full Race / Street Downpipes ($249) - 201whp / 250wtq

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes I will post up in my Build thread and hear too.. As it will be a Full 2joe system report catted but still bigger than stock .. looking forward to the sound change if any..

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Yes I will post up in my Build thread and hear too.. As it will be a Full 2joe system report catted but still bigger than stock .. looking forward to the sound change if any..
Oh also, spray liquid wrench on the o2 sensors ahead of time. Those things are in there good, or at least mine were. I came really close to rounding off the upstream o2

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Oh also, spray liquid wrench on the o2 sensors ahead of time. Those things are in there good, or at least mine were. I came really close to rounding off the upstream o2
Ya I was thinking of that and wondering if that is why ford has you come at it from that side to get the probe out .. Will see tomorrow heck I havent taken the car apart for a month I need some wrench time ... lol plus I'll get a look at what the tranns is going to need to get out if I have all my ducks in a row (parts and tools) for that next month...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Do you recall what size wrench the 02 probes need I am hoping not to have to take a trip to NAPA to buy the lug wrench. Was it 7/8th or 19mm ??

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Do you recall what size wrench the 02 probes need I am hoping not to have to take a trip to NAPA to buy the lug wrench. Was it 7/8th or 19mm ??
There 7/8 or 22mm, I've just changed my OE dump pipe out and fitted a CP-E catted dump pipe. A 10mm ratchet spanner would be useful and maybe a single hex 10mm 3/8 drive socket. My retaining bolts and O2 probes were very tight.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
There 7/8 or 22mm, I've just changed my OE dump pipe out and fitted a CP-E catted dump pipe. A 10mm ratchet spanner would be useful and maybe a single hex 10mm 3/8 drive socket. My retaining bolts and O2 probes were very tight.
Thank You again My Friend :)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well did not need the o2 socket as taking the Battery box out and the shifter cable mounts moved off trans and out of the way left enough room to drive a small Bus in there and let me remove the heat shield as well as get my 22mm open end wrench on the upper o2 probe and with the help of a small levering device (aka flat pry bar) I broke the probe loose and turned it out allowing me to remove the heat shield up through the engine bay over where the battery and air intake sits.. then went under and took off all the nuts and brackets and got my 10 mm socket on the Downpipe mount bolts and eased them out and lifted with a 360 mid air turn the stock DP up and out of the engine bay . swapped over o2 probes and bolted up the new hi flow Cat DP and away we go.. One question For Joe. have you seen any effect of heat on the shifter cables or did you put some sort of heat shield over the DP ??
Total time with coffee and texting 2 hrs or less if I worked at it steady.. Fun Fun Fun now to snug it all up and test drive it ...

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #50
Well did not need the o2 socket as taking the Battery box out and the shifter cable mounts moved off trans and out of the way left enough room to drive a small Bus in there and let me remove the heat shield as well as get my 22mm open end wrench on the upper o2 probe and with the help of a small levering device (aka flat pry bar) I broke the probe loose and turned it out allowing me to remove the heat shield up through the engine bay over where the battery and air intake sits.. then went under and took off all the nuts and brackets and got my 10 mm socket on the Downpipe mount bolts and eased them out and lifted with a 360 mid air turn the stock DP up and out of the engine bay . swapped over o2 probes and bolted up the new hi flow Cat DP and away we go.. One question For Joe. have you seen any effect of heat on the shifter cables or did you put some sort of heat shield over the DP ??
Total time with coffee and texting 2 hrs or less if I worked at it steady.. Fun Fun Fun now to snug it all up and test drive it ...
Rod, absolutely nothing. This is after 2 weekends at Road ATL, which is about 22 30min sessions at full throttle. There is so much clearance bw the DP and cables that it isnt a problem. I think our little cars also get a lot of air movement bw the turbo and firewall. As you know, the space back there is pretty good.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Rod, absolutely nothing. This is after 2 weekends at Road ATL, which is about 22 30min sessions at full throttle. There is so much clearance bw the DP and cables that it isnt a problem. I think our little cars also get a lot of air movement bw the turbo and firewall. As you know, the space back there is pretty good.
Ok I wont worry about it then.. job is So EASY and if you don't have a Lift NO Sweat you do most of the install from the topside on this DP and My Catted DP and Full 3 inch 2J-racing exhaust sounds not a lot different at idle than it did stock with Joe's cat back pipe on it .. If I were to do it again I would not bother to take the cables out of the clip they are mounted in on the trans as you can just unbolt them and swing them out of the way and move a few other tubes and wires out of the way and like I said you can access most everything as well as glide the factory parts out of the way from the top.. only needed to turn like 6 bolts under the car and 4 don't get reused with Joe's DP as the factory bracket stays with the factory DP.. very nice very Easy if you soak your o2 probes a little bit with a penetrating type oil and have a swivel head 10 mm open end ratchet and a basic 13 -15 mm wrench's as well as a 8 mm and 7 mm for various clamps and such. ..

Here is a quick look with the Factory Cat out of the room you have

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #53
All but 2 DP and Exhaust shipped today! The last two will go out in the morning. Thanks!

My car with the 2J race downpipe and FSWERKS exhaust

[video=youtube;SPf_0R8W7EA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPf_0R8W7EA[/video]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Okay update guys, just called Joe (super chill dude!) he will be including more mounting hardware to mate to various different cat-back exhausts on all future DP order!

Awesome support from 2J Racing as always, he is going to 2 day ship me the mounting hardware, I highly recommended these guys!

I love a vendor that takes the time to pick-up the phone and just talk to you!! [twothumb]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Great news can you expand on this mounting hardware ?
Yes, it's a set of bolts, washers, and nuts to mate the 2J Racing DP to any other cat-back aftermarket exhaust. I also confirmed with Joe that the stock gasket from the turbo hot-side to the top of the DP is re-used, along with those bolts

Additionally, the exhaust gasket that is supplied from 2J will be used at the bottom of the DP to mate to the mid-pipes of CBE. The new mounting hardware should be able to mate any combination of the 2J DP to CBE from my understanding.