Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2nd Gear Not Engaging

Hi,

I have a 2013 Fiesta ST-2 and I’m hoping someone can help me. All the gear work fine except from 2nd. When I try to go into 2nd gear it goes in but all I get is a grinding noise and no bite in the clutch. Every other gear apart from this is fine and bites as it should.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Harry

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Could be a variety of things. But first thing i would do is get cheese cloth and drain/strain the old fluid through it to catch any debris. If there is pieces of metal it may need a rebuild. IF not i would proceed with a clutch cable adjustment.

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. With the clutch cable adjustment isn’t that only beneficial if your car physically isn’t going into gear? Mine goes into 2nd fine just no drive and a grinding noise. But every other gear works as it should

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It could still maybe be the cable.

OP
H
Thread Starter #5
Okay well that would definitely be better than a replacement box. How do I adjust the linkage? I can’t seem to find any info on how to do it