Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A steam cleaner is the bees knees!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I bought a 40 dollar handheld steam cleaner gun thingy and it made super quick work of my super-dirty wheels.
I also attacked the bottom of my engine by the filter, the trans where some drips from fluid replacement created a dust magnet, and anywhere else that was gunked up and it made super quick work. It was also kick-ass for cleaning glass, removing whatever film was on the inside of the windshield that caused it to fog up so easily.

10/10 would get steamy again - though in hindsight I'd probably get one of the bigger wheeled canister ones. Like with any new toy tool I am testing it out on all kinds of stuff. Wife was not amused when I was using the steam cleaner to do dishes after dinner :p but man my grout (at least within 3 feet of where I was sitting in my kitchen) looks amazing.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I need a steam cleaner for my grey recaros. My fronts are stained up from my job. ( and i dislike seat covers a lot)

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Got a link to what you purchased?

Have you tried using it on seats or any interior cleaning?
Sorry for the wait, been tied up with some stuff.

Here's the one I bought - you have to constantly stop to let it heat backup, thus my desire to get a larger/canister one. It's pretty well made and it made short work of a plate my wife left indian food on while we were gone for a week :| I was having a tough time chipping it off with a knife, but mr steamy blitzed it right off.

I have not tried it on my interior, my interior is still pristine aside from dozens of 1" sections of straw papers blowing around under the seats :p

One thing I did learn while cleaning oil and grease was to wet the neighboring surfaces first, and have a hose or spray bottle handy to help relocate the gunk you free up. Otherwise, it just runs down onto what WAS clean surface and sticks there, instead. For the tougher spots I sprayed simple green, let it sit for a few, then steam blasted it off. The surface layer of simple green prevented the dirt from relocating and it just "fell off". Pretty sweet. The kit I linked above came with a squeegee attachment I'd liek to try on the inside of my windshield, and it came with some upholstery brushes as well.

I'll probably try it on the interior of one of my wife's cars, shes always spilling carrying coffee on the passenger seat.
I'll also try it on my rear hatch carpet. Some criminal who definitely wasn't me ;) left a vape weed cartridge back there on a hot day and it leaked into the carpet making my car smell like a phish concert

Sorry for the wait, been tied up with some stuff.

Here's the one I bought - you have to constantly stop to let it heat backup, thus my desire to get a larger/canister one. It's pretty well made and it made short work of a plate my wife left indian food on while we were gone for a week :| I was having a tough time chipping it off with a knife, but mr steamy blitzed it right off.

I have not tried it on my interior, my interior is still pristine aside from dozens of 1" sections of straw papers blowing around under the seats :p

One thing I did learn while cleaning oil and grease was to wet the neighboring surfaces first, and have a hose or spray bottle handy to help relocate the gunk you free up. Otherwise, it just runs down onto what WAS clean surface and sticks there, instead. For the tougher spots I sprayed simple green, let it sit for a few, then steam blasted it off. The surface layer of simple green prevented the dirt from relocating and it just "fell off". Pretty sweet. The kit I linked above came with a squeegee attachment I'd liek to try on the inside of my windshield, and it came with some upholstery brushes as well.

I'll probably try it on the interior of one of my wife's cars, shes always spilling carrying coffee on the passenger seat.
I'll also try it on my rear hatch carpet. Some criminal who definitely wasn't me ;) left a vape weed cartridge back there on a hot day and it leaked into the carpet making my car smell like a phish concert
Im interested in what you bought as well, any chance you forgot the link? Unable to find it in your post... thanks for the info however!