Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC not working

Just happened last night. Started the car and turned on the AC as usual since it is summer. The instrument panel is working just fine, but the air is not cold. Checked the fuse and it looks good. Anybody have this issue before? Will take the car in on Monday morning, but want to know what suggestions others might have. Thanks!

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Been running stage 3 with all Cobb parts for around half a year already. So, no, I don't have stock intercooler and charge pipes.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
There is a sensor I've seen damaged above the passenger side hot pipe around the area where the charge pipe connects to the intercooler. Its sort of in front of the passenger front tire. Just may want to check the sensor and/or its connector harness.

Just an idea :)

AC? Whag are this? Ive used mine 2x in almozt 2 years. Once RMM is on, AC is worst thin ever. I run all windows down, 95F with 98% humidity and no need for AC. Just drive faster! Seriously. As for AC, take to Firestone, ask for AC check and get answer. Cheaper than dealer...still dont run AC. Worthless and robs power. No good! Me drunk...peace out ??

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
At the dealership. Can't believe they don't provide a loaner car since they said it will take at least a day to look at it and fix the problem!!! Policy is only loaner to customer that bought the cars from them...I guess loaner policy is different everywhere!!!

me32

1000 Post Club
At the dealership. Can't believe they don't provide a loaner car since they said it will take at least a day to look at it and fix the problem!!! Policy is only loaner to customer that bought the cars from them...I guess loaner policy is different everywhere!!!
Contact the ford rep on here. If the car is gonna be getting serviced for more than 2 days normally youll get a rental.

How did the dealer trip go today, Tk288? Was everything taken care of? I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance.

Contact the ford rep on here. If the car is gonna be getting serviced for more than 2 days normally youll get a rental.
Thanks for the shout-out, me32!

Meagan

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
How did the dealer trip go today, Tk288? Was everything taken care of? I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance.

Thanks for the shout-out, me32!

Meagan
Meagan,

I am still waiting for an update. Have not heard anything back from the dealer. Call the service rep and left him a message. Appreciated if you can help out! Thanks! I took it in to Advantage Ford in Durate, CA.

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
A hose is ripped caused by rubbing from the Cobb intake clamp. $389 for replacement and freon refill.

masonsturbos

I took mine in today- there is a special service announcement on our air conditions. Just thought you might wanna know.
They told me, don't turn the ac on until the car is running. Who knows but that's what they told me

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I took mine in today- there is a special service announcement on our air conditions. Just thought you might wanna know.
They told me, don't turn the ac on until the car is running. Who knows but that's what they told me
Lol, so.... Turn the AC off before you turn the car off, then turn the car on, let it idle for a second, then turn the AC back on? Lmao...
97' corolla's out there running around with 300k miles with 4 working power windows, 4 working power door locks, original fully working AC, and working factory stereos, but we have to cycle the AC on/off when coming/going, lmao. Guess that's what we get for buying a dodge:... Wait..... Lol. (Just kidding guys, calm down :) ).

me32

1000 Post Club
A hose is ripped caused by rubbing from the Cobb intake clamp. $389 for replacement and freon refill.
May wanna contact cobb about this issue maybe they will help reimbursement cost your going to pay ford. Looks like possible design flaw.

OP
T
Thread Starter #20
Leak at the AC line that connects the evaporator to receiver drier. Clamp on the aftermarket intake rubbed on metal line and caused hole.

Dealer added a rubber sleeve to reduce rubbing...