Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Additional Gauges

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #41
I think i read the boost gauge can be connected to the symposer delete. Not to sure and don't have the vehicle to check things.
This spot may work however it would be more accurate on the intake manifold of the throttle body.
You can easily use a tap under the Map Sensor on top of the intake manifold.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-005&Category_Code=

Dave

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
This spot may work however it would be more accurate on the intake manifold of the throttle body.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-005&Category_Code=

Dave
Thank you. Really either need to get my hands on my car to visualize it and see where things are. OR. I need to stop reading things until i get the car.. :p

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #43
Primarily you will only see pressure at the input side of the throttle body.
Where as you will see both pressure and vacuum on the intake manifold side.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I do want this. Since the FiST will be a daily driver i want a boost gauge and maybe a temperature or oil pressure to avoid hitting the boost when too cold or having to keep connecting and disconnecting the accessport. Just need to figure out where to mount the sensors as i'm not familiar with this engine. I think i read the boost gauge can be connected to the symposer delete. Not to sure and don't have the vehicle to check things.
ATP sells this little baby as a Vac source. It goes on the intake under the Map sensor

LINKY

And Of course Boomba is coming with the throttle body spacer as well as the Sound Sypmopser Delete and maybe you could even use the Intake Spacer as a Vac Signal source.

LOL GMTA Dave sorry for the dbl post lol

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

Dave
Dave I have one of these in my possession; I have most of what you'd need to put a boost gauge into the fiesta I just never got around to installing it

I'll have it at the meet tomorrow

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
ATP sells this little baby as a Vac source. It goes on the intake under the Map sensor

LOL GMTA Dave sorry for the dbl post lol
Thanks. Looks like I will be tinkering a lot ... Ah well everyone needs a(nother) hobby. [:p]

Any chance since your vehicle is partially dismantled (the picture of your ST as it is now) you could snap a picture where the map sensor is. I'm sure I could find it when I have the car. Just my neurotic planning taking the best of me [:o]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks. Looks like I will be tinkering a lot ... Ah well everyone needs a(nother) hobby. [:p]

Any chance since your vehicle is partially dismantled (the picture of your ST as it is now) you could snap a picture where the map sensor is. I'm sure I could find it when I have the car. Just my neurotic planning taking the best of me [:o]
Sure and here is a manual pic it sits on the top of the intake manifold once you pop the plastic cover off it is easy to find on the passengers side of the intake..

Attachments

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sure and here is a manual pic it sits on the top of the intake manifold once you pop the plastic cover off it is easy to find on the passengers side of the intake..
This is very useful and much appreciated! Much prefer this vac source module add on as it can easily be removed to avoid warranty questions. Now to peruse gauges. Ya I know i'm almost 40 but but I don't care that i'm acting like a kid in a candy store.[shhh] I'm allowed a little fun now and again.
[MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] put me on the list (if there is one) for the gauge pod.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #52
Dave I have one of these in my possession; I have most of what you'd need to put a boost gauge into the fiesta I just never got around to installing it

I'll have it at the meet tomorrow
I have two of those Map Taps with one installed.
I have just not decided on the gauge that I want.

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow.

Dave