Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone know how to remove the front "FORD" emblem?

AzNightmare

I can't tell if it's stuck on by adhesive or is it bolted in. When I removed the bumper, I can see the emblem is attached by these 2 metal things, but it's not a bolt so I'm not even sure how to remove it. But I'm not sure if that's just a backing plate where the emblem itself is stuck on. Or if that emblem is one piece.

Has anyone removed their front Ford emblem?

Siestarider

I have, someone said it would come off with heat gun and dental floss. Not.

There are two studs secured with clips behind front, have to remove those and then heat gun, dental floss and patience to cut the glue. Ford does not surrender their nose emblem without a fight.

Goes back on with 3M tape, no need for the posts/clips. But I broke mine, so easy for me to say.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #3
I have, someone said it would come off with heat gun and dental floss. Not.

There are two studs secured with clips behind front, have to remove those and then heat gun, dental floss and patience to cut the glue. Ford does not surrender their nose emblem without a fight.

Goes back on with 3M tape, no need for the posts/clips. But I broke mine, so easy for me to say.
Those clips in the back are definitely a PITA. I've tried to use pliers to bend them out, but they feel very securely set in there. Almost looks like a "one way" clip or something. I gave up after about 15 mins... I was worried that wasn't the right approach.

So basically, that emblem is just one piece? And beside the metal studs, it's also glued onto the bumper?

Siestarider

I do believe they are one way clips, I recall rotating one of them off the plastic post I did not break. Once removed, the badge is easy to separate into parts, I painted my background white, left blue oval plastic as is, reassembled and taped back in place.

For some reason, the nose badge in Ford blue was just too much for me on my white nose. Rear never bothered me, so I did not bother it.

On the other hand, nose emblem ST red is fine, but the rear ST was too loud for me, so I sprayed it white, left chrome outline.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #5
Once removed, the badge is easy to separate into parts,
What do you mean "separate into parts"? The badge is more than one piece?
I also have a white FiST, but I'm trying to remove the emblem to vinyl wrap it. I already tried to vinyl wrap it without removing it but the edges look terrible so I'm going to redo it.

As Siestarider said, there are two studs that have metal clips that old them on. The clips can be removed with a pick as well as time, patience and more patience.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #7
Hey, I'm stuck again.... Gonna need some more clarification.

Clips removed:

So this is where I'm at... Now what?

I can't see anything holding the emblem in. Theres 3 pegs that stick through the bumper. Is the emblem just being held by adhesive at this point? I tried sliding a dental floss behind the emblem but it seems to be getting stuck. So it doesn't seem like it's adhesive.

I'm so confused how to get this thing out... I used a microfiber cloth to protect my bumper and stuck a tweezer behind the emblem and try to pry it off. I bent my tweezer... lol

Help please... [confused]

More then likely it is held on by adhesive. Try heating up the emblem a little then try the dental floss again. There are no clips holding the emblem in place once you take the two off the back

Also the blue is separate piece from the silver so it's possible you are catching where they meet together which would make it seem like it's hitting something hard

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #9
More then likely it is held on by adhesive. Try heating up the emblem a little then try the dental floss again. There are no clips holding the emblem in place once you take the two off the back

Also the blue is separate piece from the silver so it's possible you are catching where they meet together which would make it seem like it's hitting something hard
I'm really trying to understand the anatomy of this emblem. So the silver chrome edge is a separate piece from the blue part???!

I'm putting the dental floss behind the entire emblem, behind the chrome oval part. I'm hitting something solid though half way through. I guess it's one of the 2 prongs? Are the prongs attached to the blue piece or the blue piece?
I'll try to heat up the emblem... I'm just worried that if I pull too much, I might crack the emblem.

I'm really trying to understand the anatomy of this emblem. So the silver chrome edge is a separate piece from the blue part???!

I'm putting the dental floss behind the entire emblem, behind the chrome oval part. I'm hitting something solid though half way through. I guess it's one of the 2 prongs? Are the prongs attached to the blue piece or the blue piece?
I'll try to heat up the emblem... I'm just worried that if I pull too much, I might crack the emblem.
The chrome edge and the chrome "ford" are one piece, the blue is another piece. They are both pressed together so it will come off in one piece, modification is needed if you want to separate them.

Once you have the to clips off the back there shouldn't be anything permanent that is holding it in,

Hey, I'm stuck again.... Gonna need some more clarification.

Clips removed:

So this is where I'm at... Now what?

I can't see anything holding the emblem in. Theres 3 pegs that stick through the bumper. Is the emblem just being held by adhesive at this point? I tried sliding a dental floss behind the emblem but it seems to be getting stuck. So it doesn't seem like it's adhesive.

I'm so confused how to get this thing out... I used a microfiber cloth to protect my bumper and stuck a tweezer behind the emblem and try to pry it off. I bent my tweezer... lol

Help please... [confused]
It's double-sided tape. I took mine off to paint it. The tape runs around the whole emblem with holes for the posts. Simply wedge a trim-tool underneath it and pull it up working your way around. It will eventually come up. You will have to deal with the tape being stuck to either the emblem or the bumper cover. But, it's easily removed.

How did you get behind the grill/bumper to do this removal?

Did you remove the entire nose of the car? I want to change out the front ST badge but can't figure out how to reach behind it.

TIA

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #13
How did you get behind the grill/bumper to do this removal?

Did you remove the entire nose of the car? I want to change out the front ST badge but can't figure out how to reach behind it.

TIA
Only way to access this area is to remove the front bumper.