Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone Sign Up For Grid Life CMP.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’m ignorant and don’t know what grid life is but I love CMP, so count me in. Which event are you signing up for?

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #7
Sorry, meant to post a link to the event info. Apparently its HUGE.

I am running the track battle. Guess I am gonna be the only FWD in the Street Mod Class. Dunno. I certainly will be the underdog for sure. I have nowhere near the power of those other cars.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Sorry, meant to post a link to the event info. Apparently its HUGE.

I am running the track battle. Guess I am gonna be the only FWD in the Street Mod Class. Dunno. I certainly will be the underdog for sure. I have nowhere near the power of those other cars.
Just looking at rules, I can’t do anything beyond HPDE because no cage or harnesses but I registered for the HPDE. My old man is coming as well with his factory five cobra replica.

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #9
You can run Time Attack. I have no cage or harness. (Will have a roll bar by then probably). I ran Club TR last year without a cage or harness. Still good to see some more Fiestas headed to the track.

I have never driven the CMP and my car will probably have an all new setup on it, yet again so even more stuff to learn. Hope to hit Barber before CMP to at least shake the car down.

Barber is really fun, other than the braking zone for four. All the ripples were rough when on a bike...

Def hit the museum while you are there, it is excellent .

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #11
Did the Museum several years ago. Its great if you love bikes, They have a Britan V1000 so there is that.

Who brakes in 4, that is Wide open for me.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That’s good to know, thanks.

Only had the fiesta on the track once at VIR and that was when it had the stock turbo and no LSD. Can’t wait to see what it does out here. Glad to have a deadline so I’m forced to stop being lazy and get the car back together.

What changes are you making between now and then?

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #14
Currently trying to wrap up my battery relocation into the passenger rear floor board. I made it work for Barber in Nov, but I had to leave the battery box in the engine bay because of the ECU. Cleaning all that up and losing all that weight off the nose.

Also working on full blown race dampers with custom valving for race only, instead of dual purpose valving like I have now. Swapping the rear to a coil over for ease of suspensions swaps. Also working on rear suspension. Want to replace the bolt on hub with a knuckle arrangement that will allow me to adjust the toe and camber separately without a single shim.

Probably going to bend up a roll bar and install a race seat to lose some weight. Just for this event probably. Four bolts and I can just bolt in my Racetech seat and make a bracket for my Sparco for the passenger side. Then it can come out for normal street use.

Would like to finish front subframe collars and solid steering rack bushings, but I also have other projects like house and trailer prep as well.

What about you?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Currently trying to wrap up my battery relocation into the passenger rear floor board. I made it work for Barber in Nov, but I had to leave the battery box in the engine bay because of the ECU. Cleaning all that up and losing all that weight off the nose.

Also working on full blown race dampers with custom valving for race only, instead of dual purpose valving like I have now. Swapping the rear to a coil over for ease of suspensions swaps. Also working on rear suspension. Want to replace the bolt on hub with a knuckle arrangement that will allow me to adjust the toe and camber separately without a single shim.

Probably going to bend up a roll bar and install a race seat to lose some weight. Just for this event probably. Four bolts and I can just bolt in my Racetech seat and make a bracket for my Sparco for the passenger side. Then it can come out for normal street use.

Would like to finish front subframe collars and solid steering rack bushings, but I also have other projects like house and trailer prep as well.

What about you?
That’s some real race car shit, nice! One of these days I’ll have to get my car down to you for some of the goods.

I’m finishing up BC coils install and corner balancing, hotchkis rear sway bar, swapping mountune RMM for Cobb and both oem + powerflex insert motor mounts for vibratechnics, mountune intercooler for bravo alpha, swapping the atp gtx2860 for a Peron g25, xdi hpfp, and pumaspeed’s double sealed +30% injectors, and an ethanol content sensor + gauge. Then trailering it a few hours north to Westley for dyno tuning on full e85.

Last edited:
OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #18
Bad ass. You gonna make good power. I am debating a retune for race gas. I think there could be another 30hp with race gas. (I have no big pump or injectors). Like 30hp will make a difference against 800hp Street Mod Cars. LOL
I need make you a set of rear beam locating collars.

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #20
I am working on them. Can have some next week. I already have the bolts.

I am gonna pull the front subframe and replace the rack bushings and figured I would evaluate the need for front collars.