Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

bc extreme low coilovers

Anyone try these? I just ordered a set and should have them by the end of the month, just wondering how low the car will actually go with them.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I really hope I don't plan on dumping the car and ruining the handling. I had these on my Subaru. One of the forum guys had them on his car and they go pretty low. You can tuck tire with them if that's your goal.

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #3
well I'm running 8k front and 7k rear swift springs so it won't have as much drop due to higher rates as far as handling I want to find a happy medium between slammed and driveable roads here are not too bad.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have the 8/7k swifts on my 2575lb car and love them, the regular version of the coilovers.

I had to remove one rear locking collar and spin the other all the way down to get the car low enough, not even close to slammed which I never ever do as know better, getting the lower version of the BC's is a good idea it seems then adjust to the best height for your needs:)

On the front I was able to get low enough and still have about 3/16" more thread left on the barrels but actually might be just a bit lower than planned once it settled, I am going to measure the inner and outer pick up points and bring the front up a bit if needed to have the best geometry/height combination.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have the 8/7k swifts on my 2575lb car and love them, the regular version of the coilovers.

I had to remove one rear locking collar and spin the other all the way down to get the car low enough, not even close to slammed which I never ever do as know better, getting the lower version of the BC's is a good idea it seems then adjust to the best height for your needs:)

On the front I was able to get low enough and still have about 3/16" more thread left on the barrels but actually might be just a bit lower than planned once it settled, I am going to measure the inner and outer pick up points and bring the front up a bit if needed to have the best geometry/height combination.

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #6

Yup, your review was what made me wanna try the extreme low, noting says how much lower it is but ill find out. May even fab up some of those roll center correction arms that someone posted awhile ago for the front.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #7
these are the coilovers straight out of the box and installed

2016-08-23 19.37.46 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-23 20.00.41 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-23 20.00.53 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-24 12.12.23 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-24 12.12.35 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-24 12.12.51 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

And then adjusted to desired ride height, springs are still set with factory preload

2016-08-24 19.28.53 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

took that rubber part off after pic.

2016-08-24 19.34.51 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

2016-08-24 20.28.38 by will ringstmeyer, on Flickr

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #9
Swift is extra but custom rates are free

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Holy Molar

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
What size wheel and tires are you running here? I'm planning on going with some 16x8 on 195/45 so I'm looking for a coilover that will get my low enough to pull it off without removing collars or anything. Also where did you order from?

Thanks.

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #13
What size wheel and tires are you running here? I'm planning on going with some 16x8 on 195/45 so I'm looking for a coilover that will get my low enough to pull it off without removing collars or anything. Also where did you order from?

Thanks.
17x8+45 i also run a 205x40x17 tire... it rubbed at hard turns, not enough to bend anything but did rub.

OP
worfab
Thread Starter #15
Lots of adjustment left to go lower? Also where’d you buy these from?
you could prolly get another .5" or so by removing the lock collars, you can see in the pics on page 1 I was all the way down up front.

I got mine from import image racing but im sure [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] can get them since import image is no longer a vendor