Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BCM Swapping

My Wife owns a Ford B-Max, for those who don't know, these are a 'tall' MK7 Fiesta with sliding rear doors.

My Wife is complaining the standard 1.4 Sigma lump is totally gutless (and she'd be right) and we are toying with dropping the 1.6 Ecoboost in it.

Physical fitting is easy, mechanically they are identical to a MK7 Fiesta. Nearly all the switchgear, instrument clusters, wiring etc is identical to the MK7 Fiesta.

I was hoping that the Fiesta engine harness would be plug and play, but there are a few differences between the cars that cause issues. I've overlaid both a B-Max and MK7 Fiesta wiring diagram and happy I could comfortably remove the 1.4 engine wiring from the engine bay harness and replace it with the Ecoboost engine wiring.

The issue is there's a few features unique to the B-Max that the Fiesta doesn't have, and as a result I also need to retain the B-Max BCM. For example, the wipers are two opposing sides with separate motors that talk to the BCM over a BUS. Where as the Fiesta has one motor and is simply powered.

What I'm hoping to do is install the Fiesta ST instrument cluster and ECU, but retain the B-Max BCM.

I understand the immobiliser sits with the instrument cluster and ECU. So hoping this should be fairly straight forward.

So my question is quite how 'clever' and 'integral' is the BCM? Does the BCM contain a VIN? Does this need to match the ECU & instrument cluster? Or is it simply just programmed with the options of the car?

I suppose a better question would be, if you swapped a BCM from an identically spec'd car, would it have to be programmed or would it just work?

Just to confirm, I have confirmed and the B-Max BCM's are the same part N°s that the MK7 Fiesta got and in addition, I've gone through the pin-outs and they're identical.