Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best place to buy AP v3

Where is the best place to buy the AccessPORT V3 ? I'm going to order one today or tomorrow, and seem to recall some tuners offering free tune if was purchased from them? I don't remember who offered this deal ? Would like to support a forum sponsor or take advantage of a special buy from a tuner.... Thx

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Two that I know form recent posts are MODERN AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE and Dead Hook Motorsports. Try PM'ing them.

I'm in the midst of my e-tune with Adam@MAP. He's been awesome to work with! Quick replies and revisions. Loving the results. Was on a the OTS stage 3 and a Mountune bespoke tune before. E30 is next!

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
[MENTION=3255]Leslade[/MENTION] how would I go about obtaining the free tune ? I do not see it on the website ? thx

fST

It's kinda "free" but not really "free", compared to the cost elsewhere. I mean, the regular price for the Accessport IS $500, however, ModBargains consistently sells it for less. I just went to their site and got $427.20 with Free Shipping. And they're always telling us we should call them before placing the order for special pricing. So it could be maybe as low as $400 from them. So compared to them, the MAP tune is costing an extra $75 at least.

Of course, MAP's tune seems to have a bit more torque; 20 based on the 1 car (that I know of) with dyno results. So for an extra $75-$100, I'd most likely go for MAP's (Adam's) tune for a possible extra 20 lb/ft of torque.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Pretty much all of the pro-tuners offer a custom tune if you purchase the AP3 from them. Freektune, Mountune, Stratified, Panda, etc, etc. Obviously you would want to contact them to be sure of pricing and what tuning entails with them before purchase, but if you buy from ModBargains or a non-tuning vendor then you may save a little cash but be stuck with OTS tunes.

fST

Pretty much all of the pro-tuners offer a custom tune if you purchase the AP3 from them. Freektune, Mountune, Stratified, Panda, etc, etc. Obviously you would want to contact them to be sure of pricing and what tuning entails with them before purchase, but if you buy from ModBargains or a non-tuning vendor then you may save a little cash but be stuck with OTS tunes.
But Cobb's Tune isn't considered OTS...right? It's my understanding that ModBargains sells the Accessport with Cobb's Stage 1 tune, although I might just be getting mixed up with their sale of the Cobb Stage 1 package.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
But Cobb's Tune isn't considered OTS...right? It's my understanding that ModBargains sells the Accessport with Cobb's Stage 1 tune, although I might just be getting mixed up with their sale of the Cobb Stage 1 package.
The AP3 itself comes with all of the OTS tunes, you just have to download AccessManager. Cobb themselves do indeed do custom tuning, but you would have to contact them directly to find out exactly how to get it. That's not something included with the purchase of a device as far as I know.

fST

The AP3 itself comes with all of the OTS tunes, you just have to download AccessManager. Cobb themselves do indeed do custom tuning, but you would have to contact them directly to find out exactly how to get it. That's not something included with the purchase of a device as far as I know.
So does the AP3 itself come with Cobb's stage 1 tune? Is that part of the OTS tunes it comes with?

Here's ModBargain's thread on the "Cobb V3 Accessport": http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ash-Tuner-Available-Now!-5-more-HP-15-more-TQ!

That is being sold for $427 (and possibly less with the "special pricing" you can seem to always get by just PMing them before placing the order). I don't personally see how the Cobb Stage 1 tune is any different than MAP's tune. To me, a custom tune is a tune done specifically for your individual car, whether from sending logs or being on a dyno. MAP's tune is what looks to be based on dynoes from 1 stock FiST and being sent to everyone else with the purchase of the Accessport for $500. They both seem to be the same to me in that regard.

Now, MAP's tune, based on the dyno on that one car they show, is better. And contrary to what I said earlier, it's not just a peak 20 lb/ft of torque gain either. There's gains in the entire lower half of the power band versus Cobb's stage 1.

This particular discussion is probably moot anyway, as I'm not sure how many people, if any, would pay $75-$100 less for the Cobb Accessport with Stage 1 tune versus MAPs tune with Accessport, with a possible peak gain and better powerband. I say possible because just because this one particular FiST that MAP did the comparison on the tunes had a bigger gain with the MAP tune versus Cobb's tune, doesn't necessarily mean all stock FiSTs with experience the same thing...right?

OP
P
Thread Starter #13
I do not see the AP for $427 on there site ? Its $500

fST

I do not see the AP for $427 on there site ? Its $500
:) You have to add it to your cart! When you do that, it's $445. Then, if you look at the top of any page of the site, there's a coupon for more of a discount called "summer15". Add that coupon and it goes down to $427. Now they also always say to PM them or email them or whatever for a "special discount" so maybe you can get it even cheaper than $427.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
So does the AP3 itself come with Cobb's stage 1 tune? Is that part of the OTS tunes it comes with?

Here's ModBargain's thread on the "Cobb V3 Accessport": http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ash-Tuner-Available-Now!-5-more-HP-15-more-TQ!

That is being sold for $427 (and possibly less with the "special pricing" you can seem to always get by just PMing them before placing the order). I don't personally see how the Cobb Stage 1 tune is any different than MAP's tune. To me, a custom tune is a tune done specifically for your individual car, whether from sending logs or being on a dyno. MAP's tune is what looks to be based on dynoes from 1 stock FiST and being sent to everyone else with the purchase of the Accessport for $500. They both seem to be the same to me in that regard.

Now, MAP's tune, based on the dyno on that one car they show, is better. And contrary to what I said earlier, it's not just a peak 20 lb/ft of torque gain either. There's gains in the entire lower half of the power band versus Cobb's stage 1.

This particular discussion is probably moot anyway, as I'm not sure how many people, if any, would pay $75-$100 less for the Cobb Accessport with Stage 1 tune versus MAPs tune with Accessport, with a possible peak gain and better powerband. I say possible because just because this one particular FiST that MAP did the comparison on the tunes had a bigger gain with the MAP tune versus Cobb's tune, doesn't necessarily mean all stock FiSTs with experience the same thing...right?
You're over-thinking this. All AP3's come with access to Cobb's OTS tunes, regardless of whom or where you purchase it from (the M-Tune is different). If you buy it from ModBargains or if you buy it from MAP or if you buy it from Freektune, they all have the same access to Cobb OTS tunes. The OTS tunes are not 'bad', but there's definitely a lot more left on the table.

When you buy from a tuner though, they usually have their own base map that is similar to the 'stage' tunes with their own tweaks. You usually do some datalogging with whatever parameters and conditions that they want, then you send them in and they make whatever tweaks necessary and send you a new tune. Then you have a custom tune for the 'regular' price of the AP3.

You still have to check with the tuners to know for sure the cost and what's included, but usually it's a better deal.

fST

You're over-thinking this.
Yeah, I tend to do that from time to time lol

Thanks for the info. I actually figured that out a little bit after my last post. The bottom line is, the tune is costing at least $75 ($500 from MAP, versus $427 or possibly even lower from ModBargains)...which is still a good deal, as the tune separately costs $125-$150+ (based on a post from Adam in the other MAP thread).

OP
P
Thread Starter #18
Thx for all your help [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION] and everyone else.I think I'm going to buy from mod bargains,seeing as this is my first mod.I plan on going with freektune when I add more mods.i think Cobb stage 1 should suit my needs For now and will also allow to put the $75 saved towards my future mods.

fST

Thx for all your help [MENTION=2672]fST[/MENTION] and everyone else.I think I'm going to buy from mod bargains,seeing as this is my first mod.I plan on going with freektune when I add more mods.i think Cobb stage 1 should suit my needs For now and will also allow to put the $75 saved towards my future mods.
Well make sure to contact Jurrian at ModBargains via PM, email, or phone call because they always say you can get a cheaper price that way versus ordering on your own...