Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Tune

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m confused. So now you have a Tune+ tune? I thought you were trying to edit the Cobb OTS map to use the x47 with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #22
Is that in the hybrid or the stock turbo. If your just looking at ur accessport max and mins that won't tell you much. I hit 27-28 with my s280 in the mode range and taper to 24 up top. Anything over 25 up top (5800rpm and up) on 93 will most likely lead to some knock. Throw skme ethanol in and that's a different story.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I hit 28.9 on a good day and taper off at 25 on my e30 tune, 24ish on 93

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #23
I’m confused. So now you have a Tune+ tune? I thought you were trying to edit the Cobb OTS map to use the x47 with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm have a Tune+ tune right now so I can still drive my car. I am trying to learn to tune myself, because I am going to be doing far more modifications in the future where I wont want to be spending money on a tune refinement every time.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm have a Tune+ tune right now so I can still drive my car. I am trying to learn to tune myself, because I am going to be doing far more modifications in the future where I wont want to be spending money on a tune refinement every time.
This is why you buy a lifetime tune from your tuner, Adam offers it. Its not terriby expensive and unless you plan on doing something like building an engine / cams / port injection they dont charge for each revision.

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #25
This is why you buy a lifetime tune from your tuner, Adam offers it. Its not terriby expensive and unless you plan on doing something like building an engine / cams / port injection they dont charge for each revision.
This is another part of the issue that lies in my hand. The previous owner of this car had purchased the tune when he put the turbo in. I cannot reinitialize the tuning process as im not the original purchaser, even though its the same car. This is why rather than re-purchasing a whole tune from him, I want to learn to do it myself.

Let me put this into perspective for you; by the time you learn all the ins and outs of this ecu, and how to use it to your liking and to get the engine to behave the way you want, you will have long sold the car.

The best advice I can give you is to analyze the data, analyze the data, analyze the data. Look at data logs of your tune, and try to get a sense of how everything works together. Doing this AFTER reading all the Cobb documents and you might be on to something. Lol.

I don't mean any disrespect. This is just from my own experience learning to tune this platform.

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #27
Let me put this into perspective for you; by the time you learn all the ins and outs of this ecu, and how to use it to your liking and to get the engine to behave the way you want, you will have long sold the car.

The best advice I can give you is to analyze the data, analyze the data, analyze the data. Look at data logs of your tune, and try to get a sense of how everything works together. Doing this AFTER reading all the Cobb documents and you might be on to something. Lol.

I don't mean any disrespect. This is just from my own experience learning to tune this platform.
Will do! I can see this taking time as well trust me. Looking at Cobb's tables compared to SCT is confusing to me. My buddy tunes his with SCT and its a lot more simple.

Will do! I can see this taking time as well trust me. Looking at Cobb's tables compared to SCT is confusing to me. My buddy tunes his with SCT and its a lot more simple.

I'll nudge you in the right direction, read the document about Cobb Custom Fearures, primarily the section about WGDC.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is another part of the issue that lies in my hand. The previous owner of this car had purchased the tune when he put the turbo in. I cannot reinitialize the tuning process as im not the original purchaser, even though its the same car. This is why rather than re-purchasing a whole tune from him, I want to learn to do it myself.
Why do you want to change it then?

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #30
Why do you want to change it then?
Let me put it this way dude. Everyone starts somewhere. Jason wasn’t a tuner straight out the womb, neither was anyone else. I’m trying to learn how to tune with ford ECUs. Short and simple. Also, future modifications = tune adjustment

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let me put it this way dude. Everyone starts somewhere. Jason wasn’t a tuner straight out the womb, neither was anyone else. I’m trying to learn how to tune with ford ECUs. Short and simple. Also, future modifications = tune adjustment
I agree with that, I was just curious why you would want to mess with it, if it was already set up.

Our ECUs are interesting, I haven't been able to poke at them much, but from what I've learned between Adam, Jason, and Mitch... its not as simple as my STi was where I could just mess with fuel tables and make more power lol.

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #32
I agree with that, I was just curious why you would want to mess with it, if it was already set up.

Our ECUs are interesting, I haven't been able to poke at them much, but from what I've learned between Adam, Jason, and Mitch... its not as simple as my STi was where I could just mess with fuel tables and make more power lol.
I’m going to be mainly running my tune from adam, but just going to be learning and practicing by flashing my own tunes to it here and there

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m going to be mainly running my tune from adam, but just going to be learning and practicing by flashing my own tunes to it here and there
I did that with my Kpro in my old RSX. I loved messing with it, but it was NA and I wasnt terrified of accidentally blowing it up.

OP
Tetra
Thread Starter #34
Im not either, because I’m not giving it 28 pounds of boost at 1500rpm lmao. I have a 2J intake so i hear anything over 4 inches in vacuum crystal clearly

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh ho I agree. I have a 2J with my S280 and it sounds like a plane getting ready for take-off. Childish, but I love it.

Erick_V

I miss my 2J intake. It’s so childish but it sounds so good. I take it on and off because I have a Damond OCC and its a nightmare to get the intake lined up correctly without buzzing on the cowl or chassis and have enough space for the OCC lines, afraid of rubbing through lines. Truly a mess around the passenger strut tower. I’ll eventually have time to mount the OCC somewhere else and tig weld the fittings toward the driver side, like it should have been in the first place imo

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I miss my 2J intake. It’s so childish but it sounds so good. I take it on and off because I have a Damond OCC and its a nightmare to get the intake lined up correctly without buzzing on the cowl or chassis and have enough space for the OCC lines, afraid of rubbing through lines. Truly a mess around the passenger strut tower. I’ll eventually have time to mount the OCC somewhere else and tig weld the fittings toward the driver side, like it should have been in the first place imo
I moved my Damond OCC under my passenger headlight. It has plenty of space there.