Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Quick hack that has worked for me to stop the clack once the actuator doors start clacking...

1) Never use the Auto or Face Only setting

2) Set to blow on defrost & foot before turning off vehicle.

Being a professional procrastinator, this has worked for me. Now if only I can just go buy the part and replace it already...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Just here to say I finally replaced that sorry SOB after a year of clicking... It was not a fun job but hopefully no passenger ever has to give me that "OMG your car is about to explode" look ever again.

Bought mine at advanced auto for clearly too much money. Paid about $20 for it. It took my fat hands about an hour to get the whole thing done. Patience was key...

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Have any of you dealt with two of the blend door actuators going out? I had the normal one behind the mid section of the dash go out and I'm planning on replacing it this weekend but another one started clicking that's behind the glove box area. So I will figure out how to replace that one as well. My problem is I don't know what actuator that is specifically so I can order it to replace. I have the AEH8-19E616-BC blend door for the left side but no clue what part the door on the right is. Anyone have any idea?

Have any of you dealt with two of the blend door actuators going out? I had the normal one behind the mid section of the dash go out and I'm planning on replacing it this weekend but another one started clicking that's behind the glove box area. So I will figure out how to replace that one as well. My problem is I don't know what actuator that is specifically so I can order it to replace. I have the AEH8-19E616-BC blend door for the left side but no clue what part the door on the right is. Anyone have any idea?
AE8H-19E616-A is the part number for the air-inlet-door-actuator on the right side behind the glove box.

Just replaced the air-distribution-door-actuator (AE8H-19E616-BC) on the left today, but the clicking persisted. Removed the glove box and found the offending -A part. The -B and -A actuators look outwardly identical, but the -A only has two pin contacts for the wiring plug.

I had a clicking blend door 2 years ago, replaced under warranty, my new issue though is I seem to only intermittently be able to change the output temperature, sometimes it works, sometimes no-matter how low I set it it still comes out hot. Is this a blend door thing again? I'm hesitant this time because I haven't gotten any clicking, and sometimes it works. I can change output locations just fine still.

Anyone have any input? I searched quite a bit before posting, but couldn't come up with anything definitive.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had a clicking blend door 2 years ago, replaced under warranty, my new issue though is I seem to only intermittently be able to change the output temperature, sometimes it works, sometimes no-matter how low I set it it still comes out hot. Is this a blend door thing again? I'm hesitant this time because I haven't gotten any clicking, and sometimes it works. I can change output locations just fine still.

Anyone have any input? I searched quite a bit before posting, but couldn't come up with anything definitive.
Unfortunately I think the best thing to do here is to take it back to the dealer that replaced it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I am thinking I am facing this issue now on my 2015 Fiesta @ 48k miles.

The only thing is that I hear two clicking noises. So, I want to make sure I am ordering the right parts. The first clicking is high pitch and comes from a little to the right of the vent on right side of wheel (right center), followed by a deeper sounding click coming from the right dashboard.

Can some one confirm the two parts that are defective here?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I am thinking I am facing this issue now on my 2015 Fiesta @ 48k miles.

The only thing is that I hear two clicking noises. So, I want to make sure I am ordering the right parts. The first clicking is high pitch and comes from a little to the right of the vent on right side of wheel (right center), followed by a deeper sounding click coming from the right dashboard.

Can some one confirm the two parts that are defective here?
Look thru the thread. All the info is there.

has ford not put out a TSB for this yet? i had another one go out, if i have to keep replacing these, that is quite the annoyance. my car only has 26k miles on it....

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thought I'd share this here, someone from the forum is claiming this, my highlighting for emphasis:

"The issue is not a gear, the issue is shitty traces on a circuit board. The design of the part drags metal across a thin trace on a board to get a resistive reading. This reading tells the chip how far it turned. The traces get worn down or dirty and the reading gets worse, so the chip turns too far and the gear starts skipping because it doesn't know where it is. The best corrective action is to get one with a stepper motor and predetermined distances without the stupid dragging design. The Dorman replacement makes this correction.

Wish I knew which brands did this or not, or if just Dorman... I believe the Dorman part # is 604322

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dorman 604-322's external knob thing is too large / not the correct shape.
Well I just got confirmation, from the person who supplied the info above, that it's really it and is on RockAuto as well, as far as the A part anyway... So not sure if A or B is the one that most commonly fails.

dorman.JPG

Last edited: