Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #21
Again, someone who has access to a CNC machine / lathe. You can't run them the way they come new. That person would have to machine them, double seal them, and test them.

Quick maths:

4x injectors @ $80 ea = $320

$739.99-$320 = $419.99

which means you're paying around $420 to have them machined, and re sealed. Not everyone will have access to a shop capable of machining it to exactly the right tolerances, and I can't imagine it would be cheap. But by all means someone take it on.

I'd rather pay the $740 to make sure they are done right and have no issues with them at all.

BTW this applies to the ones pumaspeed supplies. I have no idea if the ones Whoosh has are the same or different, but it looks like they are just the normal drop in ones. Same as Pumaspeed sells.

Edit:

Adam at Tune+ says there is no modification necessary for the ones sold by whoosh, so if those are the same injectors. Send it.
So, the ones I purchased from whoosh are the Uprated with the white seal. The puma speed injectors are the double sealed high flow. Not sure of the difference. However these injectors are absolutely the same as the oem jaguar injectors. I received the injectors I bought factory packaged in Bosch boxes. So unless Bosch is machining these themselves I’m not sure how they are getting machined and they factory packaged back up. I’m just really looking to debunk this and maybe make upgrades injectors for this community more affordable and possibly get something more exact for our cars. Like I also have b series civic that has Injector Dynamics 800cc injectors in it. I’m curious as to why these injectors have no flow rating? Maybe because they are just oem. Idk guys

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, the ones I purchased from whoosh are the Uprated with the white seal. The puma speed injectors are the double sealed high flow. Not sure of the difference. However these injectors are absolutely the same as the oem jaguar injectors. I received the injectors I bought factory packaged in Bosch boxes. So unless Bosch is machining these themselves I’m not sure how they are getting machined and they factory packaged back up. I’m just really looking to debunk this and maybe make upgrades injectors for this community more affordable and possibly get something more exact for our cars. Like I also have b series civic that has Injector Dynamics 800cc injectors in it. I’m curious as to why these injectors have no flow rating? Maybe because they are just oem. Idk guys
You have the unmodified injectors. Thats what whoosh is selling. Pumaspeed clearly thinks there is a reason to do the modification but Tune+ does not. If there is some difference between the US car and the Euro car mechanically. Like the head is a different design. Then it would make sense why we could run them unmodified, however if they are identical, it may be necessary to modify them. We don't know yet, this is new to us here.

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #23
I don't, at all. I just posted that in the hope that someone who has bought the "real" upgraded injectors can do a P/N check.
It is absolutely the same part number. Same white seal and all. This what I am saying. There’s no reason why we should be getting charged $575. For injectors that are $83.93

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It is absolutely the same part number. Same white seal and all. This what I am saying. There’s no reason why we should be getting charged $575. For injectors that are $83.93
Mark up fammmm lmao

If they are direct drop in injectors and need 0 modification. I say buy the $80 ones. If they end up needing to be modified, it would be worth having that done for the $600 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #27
So I’m not going to post the email but, I did receive an email from whoosh and it was a not the answer I was really hoping for. I was kinda of let down. I’ll let you all interpret how that email was. I’m very disappointed that’s all...

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #28

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #29
One thing that was said in the email that also caught my attention was that it was stated that the country that these injectors are manufactured in apparently makes a performance difference? I’m not sure if anyone else has heard this but....

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
One thing that was said in the email that also caught my attention was that it was stated that the country that these injectors are manufactured in apparently makes a performance difference? I’m not sure if anyone else has heard this but....
A global company like Bosch isn't going to allow wide variances in performance depending upon the country of origin. That would case a supply chain nightmare. If P/N 1234 from China didn't meet the manufacturing specification but 1234 from Taiwan did, they'd note the country of origin in the P/N, i.e. 1234CH vs 1234TW and publish respective specs.

I call shenanigans.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A global company like Bosch isn't going to allow wide variances in performance depending upon the country of origin. That would case a supply chain nightmare. If P/N 1234 from China didn't meet the manufacturing specification but 1234 from Taiwan did, they'd note the country of origin in the P/N, i.e. 1234CH vs 1234TW and publish respective specs.

I call shenanigans.
In fairness I was only able to find the part numbers on European websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #33

I call shenanigans.
Me too man....

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #37

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah man I know. I needed injectors my oem ones are shot. So I just sent it and bought these ones from there. Guess I should’ve of browsed a little. Shame on me I guess
Naw man its all good...let us know how it all works out!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account