Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BOV Help…

Blckfist

Anyone else find the constant blow off annoying under low/no boost? I’m running an X37 Hybrid turbo with turbo smart BOV. Thinking about tightening it? Also considering an HKS bov kit? There’s a lot of controversy on what to do here so trying to get some clear answers…

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I would try tightening it first. Stupid question maybe but how long have you had the BOV installed since you last cleaned it?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im running an HKS SSQV. Loving it. I had a Turbosmart BOV and it was a great quality piece , but I really wanted the HKS. Mine is installed at the symposer tube.

I dont have boost leak issues some have with their HKS BOVs (mostly due to buying inferior quality knockoffs) and it gives all kinds of different sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It’s definitely been a bit. Maybe 10-15k miles…
Turbosmart recommends a 6 month cleaning interval. I only drive the fist 2500 miles a year so I do it annually and have had 0 issues with my symposer port BOV (mountune spec turbosmart). I’d clean and lube it and see if that fixes it. How much boost are you losing?

That said the HKS sounds awesome and I’d swap to that if I felt like ponying up the dough.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/looking-after-your-bov-or-bpv/

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I did 1 full turn tighter from whatever it was set at from turbosmart. It's a symposer port bov. It may have helped a little.

Im running an HKS SSQV. Loving it. I had a Turbosmart BOV and it was a great quality piece , but I really wanted the HKS. Mine is installed at the symposer tube.

I dont have boost leak issues some have with their HKS BOVs (mostly due to buying inferior quality knockoffs) and it gives all kinds of different sounds.

Did your HKS require an aftermarket cold side pipe to run or were you able to install using oem cold pipe? I would consider this option. They do sound cool.

I did 1 full turn tighter from whatever it was set at from turbosmart. It's a symposer port bov. It may have helped a little.

Did your HKS require an aftermarket cold side pipe to run or were you able to install using oem cold pipe? I would consider this option. They do sound cool.
Whoosh sells the HKS with an adapter for the symposer port so you can install it on the OEM cold pipe.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I purchased mine used. It came with an adapter that fit into the symposer tube. I secured it with a worm clamp and have no issues yet.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Whoosh sells the HKS with an adapter for the symposer port so you can install it on the OEM cold pipe.
I purchased mine used. It came with an adapter that fit into the symposer tube. I secured it with a worm clamp and have no issues yet.

Cool. I basically did the same thing with the Turbosmart Veeport symposer bov. I didnt know the HKS could be adapted in the same manner. I may have to spend some more $$$.

OP
B

Blckfist

Thread Starter #10
I’m not losing any boost and have no leaks. I have an “evap emissions system purge check valve performance” code. But other than that the car runs great.. I’ll give it a turn and get back this weekend. Just don’t want to be sneezing everywhere.