Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broken Downpipe Bracket Stud

I've seen this issue posted a few times in the past but wanted a fresh take. I was installing an RMM and torqued the nuts on the Downpipe Bracket too much and one snapped. I don't see a way to get it out and I'm not sure hammering it out is a good idea since it's connected to the Turbo. Is the best option to get it cut and have a new one welded on? I saw someone suggest putting a socket an c-clamp over it to pop it out but there is not enough space for the clamps I've tried.

Is it safe to drive around to a shop, and since the torque is so low (evidently, the manual says it only needs 17 ft/lbs), can they just cut it off and weld any similar exhaust bold in its place?

Attachments

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You talking about the little bracket under the stock downpipe? It's like a double protection during hard shifts. You should be fine driving it miss Daisy over to a muffler shop and seeing if they can help you. I personally took this component off when I fabbed up my own downpipe but that's also because the fitment was so tight it literally cant go anywhere. You can try melting it out, using a bolt extractor, taking a flat head or cold chisel and beating it out by turning it. There's multiple solutions for this but ultimately yes, I'd weld a bolt into the hole if you want OEM fitment. The bracket itself is stainless steel, don't expect a normal muffler shop to have stainless steel wire, they usually just deal with carbon steel.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk