Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cravenspeed dipstick broken inside engine

haunsolo7

U.S. Marine Veteran
Well, tried doing an oil change today. First change with the cravenspeed dipstick from whoosh. Dipstick got stuck, couldn't push it in further, not even with a slender pick, trying to twist or pull out only stretched out the slinky part of the stick. Ended up breaking it from the slinky and using a long pick to poke it back down into the pan hopefully. Haven't started it, pushed it out of the shop for now. I'm going to need to drop the pan aren't I? Anyone else have this happen with this dipstick? Nice waste of $60 and an afternoon

Attachments

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Jeez. That really sucks. What was the purpose of the craven speed compared to stock?

That's not good . I have this dipstick as well . I've had it hang up slightly when checking the oil but never get stuck.

OP
haunsolo7

haunsolo7

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Jeez. That really sucks. What was the purpose of the craven speed compared to stock?
It's easier to read compared to stock but honestly just got it because it looks nicer πŸ˜…