Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broken Motor mount bolt. Help!

I broke a bolt that hold the passenger side motor mount to the the frame. Any suggestions on the best way to remove? Also a part number for new hardware?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, I'd drill and tap it. If you can afford it, use Cobalt drill bits or high speed steel.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Here is a pic of the broken bolt. It’s one of three that hold the upper mount to the frame. I was careless and in a rush and just cranked it down. Let’s just say I learned my lesson on following torque specifications. I ended up getting the broken piece out with a hammer and a sharp flathead screwdriver.(Hitting it in a circle until I could grab it with some pliers) This was after breaking a few drill bits trying to tap it. Then went and got 3 new bolts from the store and bam good as new. All this for putting in the power flex insert and arp bolt. Also huge thanks to the gf for holding the flashlight and thanks for the quick replies!

Attachments

Flaco

2000 Post Club
All this for putting in the power flex insert and arp bolt. Also huge thanks to the gf for holding the flashlight and thanks for the quick replies!
You could have saved yourself some grief by placing a jack under the oil pan with a 1/2 thick piece a wood and jacked up a bit on the motor, That pineapple slice would have slid right into place then zip tied it. I used a piece of thin stainless steel welding rod from work and twist tied it in place. The o ring Powerflex sends with the slice will rot out after about a year. The welding rod works fantastic because you wont ever have to replace it and that slice isn't ever gonna move. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/powerflex-engine-mount-bushing.20299/post-355439

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not quite yet Pat Sajak....Powerflex has come out with an updated Viton O-ring that resists the elements a lot better than the Old version. To those of you who don't have one you can contact Powerflex and they will send you one free of charge.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Not quite yet Pat Sajak....Powerflex has come out with an updated Viton O-ring that resists the elements a lot better than the Old version. To those of you who don't have one you can contact Powerflex and they will send you one free of charge.
I had the old version of the o-ring. So sorry to mention it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #16
You could have saved yourself some grief by placing a jack under the oil pan with a 1/2 thick piece a wood and jacked up a bit on the motor, That pineapple slice would have slid right into place then zip tied it. I used a piece of thin stainless steel welding rod from work and twist tied it in place. The o ring Powerflex sends with the slice will rot out after about a year. The welding rod works fantastic because you wont ever have to replace it and that slice isn't ever gonna move. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/powerflex-engine-mount-bushing.20299/post-355439
Yep! I did do that. I also replace the top mount bolt with the arp one so I took the whole mount out. I just used the included rubber o ring. How do I know I have the new one?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Yep! I did do that. I also replace the top mount bolt with the arp one so I took the whole mount out. I just used the included rubber o ring. How do I know I have the new one?
I don't know ? I guess as Typhoon suggested ask Powerflex for the updated one. And if the new one rots you have the updated replacement ready to put on.