Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can't get the Fiesta to stop overcharging

I can't get my Fiesta to stop charging at 15v. I've replaced the alternator & battery but I'm still getting 15v. Any ideas? No error codes so far but I'm only driving it a few minutes at a time to get datalogs. I don't want to cook the electrical system running it at 15v for too long.

Backstory: I'm pretty sure this happened when I was replacing my a/c compressor. When I was reinstalling one of the hoses, the metal hose shorted out on the alternator which blew my main 200a fuse (integrated into the positive battery terminal). I replaced the main fuse and I'm pretty sure that's when it started charging at 15v.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you know what the system was charging at before the short/fuse replacement?

From what I can gather, it is 'normal' for our system to charge at up to 14.7 volts, which I am grateful for since my Odyssey AGM battery requires at least 14.4 volts in order to charge properly.

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #3
I don’t, unfortunately. It is possible that it’s been this way for a long time. I’ve only put a couple hundred miles on it since I’ve owned it and I only noticed the issue when I turned the voltage readout on the AP gauges.