Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car won’t go into gear once started

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you drained the Trans. with a cheese cloth to collect/ inspect for metal? If not i would be doing this. If metal comes out Trans internally is done... again i got money on Input shaft disintegrating*

OP
T
Thread Starter #42
Have you drained the Trans. with a cheese cloth to collect/ inspect for metal? If not i would be doing this. If metal comes out Trans internally is done... again i got money on Input shaft disintegrating*
I’ll have a look. Once I figure it out I’ll post it on here to hopefully help someone else

BrianST

Did you end up getting it sorted out? I’m having a similar issue. My car won’t go into gear from a dead stop or super slow rolling speeds. Other than that it’s perfectly fine when cruising at road speeds. My shifter has some play in it and it will move back and forth in 3rd gear ONLY.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Did you end up getting it sorted out? I’m having a similar issue. My car won’t go into gear from a dead stop or super slow rolling speeds. Other than that it’s perfectly fine when cruising at road speeds. My shifter has some play in it and it will move back and forth in 3rd gear ONLY.
Have you tried a neutral reset? Easy to do and worth a try. There are a few YouTube videos on it.