Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cerakote/extreme heat proofing mods

I understand the daily driver and money struggle. If I was you I'd just save up your money, buy the whoosh v3 hi flow cat, then at least send that and your manifold out for coating (My guy had my stuff back to me within a week), then do your install. You'll still be able to daily your car while you wait for your items to be coated and you'll have a much better setup then a stock dp with your big turbo. I understand waiting sucks. I've had an s280 brand new in the box from whoosh for about 6 months now due too the curse of while I'm in there I may as well change this too🤣.
That's exactly where I am and thanks for the idea. I think going whoosh catted DP and getting the AET manifold and whoosh DP ceramic coated and ready for my s280 install is just the right compromise.

like you i am in full on "while i'm there" upgrade mode. and with the way inflation has gone i decided to pull the trigger on A LOT of things before inflation gets built into all parts i always wanted to put on the Fiesta.

That's exactly where I am and thanks for the idea. I think going whoosh catted DP and getting the AET manifold and whoosh DP ceramic coated and ready for my s280 install is just the right compromise.

like you i am in full on "while i'm there" upgrade mode. and with the way inflation has gone i decided to pull the trigger on A LOT of things before inflation gets built into all parts i always wanted to put on the Fiesta.
Glad I could help. Best of luck with your build I can't wait to see and hear how it comes out🤘

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just buy all your parts 2nd hand or BNB* Just never installed it avoids Bidenflation. Its what i did and i saved thousands[driving]

Just buy all your parts 2nd hand or BNB* Just never installed it avoids Bidenflation. Its what i did and i saved thousands[driving]
I would love nothing more than to buy stuff second-hand and have done that when it was an option for something that would work for what i want. The problem I keep running into now is the used price doesn't justify the added risk I'm taking by buying something i can't return/have no idea of knowing how long will last. I've seen people here sell "got from a guy, don't know how many miles on it, used it myself but now i'm done with it, looks good though, want 66% of what it cost new"

AND PEOPLE STILL BUY IT LIKE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A CAST IRON GRIDDLE.

people have already baked-in that "Bidenflation" on the used parts list. And the ones who haven't? those parts get snapped up faster than a web page refresh.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would love nothing more than to buy stuff second-hand and have done that when it was an option for something that would work for what i want. The problem I keep running into now is the used price doesn't justify the added risk I'm taking by buying something i can't return/have no idea of knowing how long will last. I've seen people here sell "got from a guy, don't know how many miles on it, used it myself but now i'm done with it, looks good though, want 66% of what it cost new"

people have already baked-in that "Bidenflation" on the used parts list. And the ones who haven't? those parts get snapped up faster than a web page refresh.
One word PayPal credit* If goods/services aren't what were advertised or in working order without notifying me before hand. i get my money back. Almost everyone who does sell something aren't Shysty and are selling known working goods. Iv bought complete BNB Turbo kits never installed and saved $650* and it ran 40k perfectly before i took it out for install of my DHM360r kit.

One word PayPal credit* If goods/services aren't what were advertised or in working order without notifying me before hand. i get my money back. Almost everyone who does sell something aren't Shysty and are selling known working goods. Iv bought complete BNB Turbo kits never installed and saved $650* and it ran 40k perfectly before i took it out for install of my DHM360r kit.
Completely fair. But if I'm buying from someone here then I'm buying as a friend from a friend. I'm not saying anyone is trying to pull something over on me. I'm saying the pricing on this forum already has inflation already baked into it and/or people are paying prices for *very well used* items like they're gently used.

There are some parts where that would make sense like flow formed or forged wheels (especially the kind we can't find stateside anymore. ironically those seem to be the forum items that stick around the longest). Almost everything else here is a price I'm not willing to pay unless it's from a retail store. And that's fine. The people selling them politely decline my offer and usually end up selling their part for what they ask or close to what they ask for it. I end up deciding to buy new or wait for a sale where I pay a little more new than what a seller wanted for used.

you write your reply like that's still the case on the FS forum and it's not. if you think anyone is selling a complete BNB turbo kit never installed for anything close to $650 off, you're in for a laugh. Best case for that kinda discount is a single owner with around 10,000-20,000 miles on it. that goes for anything on the forum where a seller has never installed the item. they want what they paid for it. and that's fine because someone usually pays for it. i agree that heavy discount was the case even a year ago, but it's not anymore.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Completely fair. But if I'm buying from someone here then I'm buying as a friend from a friend. I'm not saying anyone is trying to pull something over on me. I'm saying the pricing on this forum already has inflation already baked into it and/or people are paying prices for *very well used* items like they're gently used.

There are some parts where that would make sense like flow formed or forged wheels (especially the kind we can't find stateside anymore. ironically those seem to be the forum items that stick around the longest). Almost everything else here is a price I'm not willing to pay unless it's from a retail store. And that's fine. The people selling them politely decline my offer and usually end up selling their part for what they ask or close to what they ask for it. I end up deciding to buy new or wait for a sale where I pay a little more new than what a seller wanted for used.

you write your reply like that's still the case on the FS forum and it's not. if you think anyone is selling a complete BNB turbo kit never installed for anything close to $650 off, you're in for a laugh. Best case for that kinda discount is a single owner with around 10,000-20,000 miles on it. that goes for anything on the forum where a seller has never installed the item. they want what they paid for it. and that's fine because someone usually pays for it. i agree that heavy discount was the case even a year ago, but it's not anymore.
What he didn’t tell you is that his turbo kit was ~$5k so saving $650 isn’t a huge savings off the total price lol.

PM me some of the stuff you’re looking for. I have a ton of extra shit that I’m getting rid of. I’ve just not had the motivation to clean out my parts boxes after moving and make a FS post. I definitely don’t need all 4 of the downpipes I’ve got though lol.

What he didn’t tell you is that his turbo kit was ~$5k so saving $650 isn’t a huge savings off the total price lol.

PM me some of the stuff you’re looking for. I have a ton of extra shit that I’m getting rid of. I’ve just not had the motivation to clean out my parts boxes after moving and make a FS post. I definitely don’t need all 4 of the downpipes I’ve got though lol.
:oops:
lol! both to the downpipe collection and to typhoon's turbo build cost

appreciate the heads up @dhminer and i also get that builders like you and @TyphoonFiST tend to upgrade parts pretty regularly so my approach to set it and forget it is a little different.

also sorry to hijacking the thread. wasn't my intention one bit. i can delete my posts to clean up the thread if you guys want.

OP
M
Thread Starter #29
:oops:
lol! both to the downpipe collection and to typhoon's turbo build cost

appreciate the heads up @dhminer and i also get that builders like you and @TyphoonFiST tend to upgrade parts pretty regularly so my approach to set it and forget it is a little different.

also sorry to hijacking the thread. wasn't my intention one bit. i can delete my posts to clean up the thread if you guys want.
Nah man just good discussion for everyone.

For those that are interested. I have more info on bonehead performance. Called today since it had been about 2 weeks since shipment (thats their rough estimated turn around time) and they had sprayed the manifold and DP last night and a bubble formed on the manifold so they are blasting and respraying it. He said they could ship it back to me like that but would prefer not as they stand behind the "perfection" of their work. I respect that. Not ideal for my timeline as I was hoping to get install done this week and dyno tuning Friday bit I get that stuff happens and things take time. Will post pics/numbers when I get parts in and do my temp tests

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I think the very same way, and it also does not help that I REFUSE to use paypal, which is the only way most sellers will let go of their precious parts, if shipping from a distance, and not an in-person cash exchange. [:(] [mad]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I think the very same way, and it also does not help that I REFUSE to use paypal, which is the only way most sellers will let go of their precious parts, if shipping from a distance, and not an in-person cash exchange. [:(] [mad]
Paypal is more beneficial for the buyer than anyone. If someone doesn't send you the product or it's in poor shape, Paypal will reimburse you with the buyer protection (also works with Venmo, who is owned by Paypal). I'd be more than happy as a seller to use apple pay but most buyers refuse anything other than Paypal.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Paypal is more beneficial for the buyer than anyone. If someone doesn't send you the product or it's in poor shape, Paypal will reimburse you with the buyer protection (also works with Venmo, who is owned by Paypal). I'd be more than happy as a seller to use apple pay but most buyers refuse anything other than Paypal.
Fair enough, but they were VERY hard to deal with, contact, or get any customer service from whatsoever when someone supposedly hacked into my account, and it was also impossible to tell who was sending me emails seemingly 'officially' from them, but was most likely from 'phishers'.

So instead of dealing with all of the BS, and the risk, I just cancelled my account.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I've never seen any actual proof, but then I've also never seen any from Swain which was/is still(??) considered the 'gold standard' of heat retention. [dunno]
The science and theory behind Swain seems a lot more logical than others. But it's $300 for a 4 cyl manifold and I'm not sure it's worth it. They do have some articles on their page but nothing incredibly scientific or precise. If I swap in my S280 I'll have my airtec manifold coated for the greater good and to see what the temps are.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The science and theory behind Swain seems a lot more logical than others. But it's $300 for a 4 cyl manifold and I'm not sure it's worth it. They do have some articles on their page but nothing incredibly scientific or precise. If I swap in my S280 I'll have my airtec manifold coated for the greater good and to see what the temps are.
What would we measure to tell if it's helpful/not helpful?

Charge temps like the mani/turbo are heating up the air excessively? I'm genuinely not sure. I had my airtec ceramic coated and my WOR manifold is ceramic coated, but I have no before/after for either one.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
What would we measure to tell if it's helpful/not helpful?

Charge temps like the mani/turbo are heating up the air excessively? I'm genuinely not sure. I had my airtec ceramic coated and my WOR manifold is ceramic coated, but I have no before/after for either one.
Maybe as simple as a temp gun on different parts of the engine? I'm running a WOR vbanded stock manifold now so I could get some data points.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fair enough, but they were VERY hard to deal with, contact, or get any customer service from whatsoever when someone supposedly hacked into my account, and it was also impossible to tell who was sending me emails seemingly 'officially' from them, but was most likely from 'phishers'.

So instead of dealing with all of the BS, and the risk, I just cancelled my account.
I like to use Cashier's cheques. No problems but one person refused to use it for a part I was selling. I don't think he knew exactly how safe it was.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Maybe as simple as a temp gun on different parts of the engine? I'm running a WOR vbanded stock manifold now so I could get some data points.
Is it ceramic coated? I have same manifold. Could be an interesting comparison but a lot of variables to control for in order for it to be meaningful.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is it ceramic coated? I have same manifold. Could be an interesting comparison but a lot of variables to control for in order for it to be meaningful.
It's not coated. I'm running a 2560r and all supporting mods possible basically. I suspect we can figure out when ambient temps are similar in our areas and do relatively similar tests. It's better than nothing.