Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Issues

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Not to be troll or anything, but everyone warned me about how weak the Ford's transmissions are... I should've gotten an SI instead.
Sure Honda has a good manual trans but the ninth gen civic is complete garbage (IMO, coming from 8th gen si, girlfriend has a ninth gen)

And you would be slower, and have no torque

twolf

Not to be troll or anything, but everyone warned me about how weak the Ford's transmissions are... I should've gotten an SI instead.
Go buy an SI and jam it into first at 60mph.

I think we need to export some common sense to PR for ya.

Why would you even try? Nothing good could have come from the situation. Nothing. There was *nothing* to gain.

I feel like this entire thread is a troll attempt... It has to be. To do something so stupid and then try to blame the strength of the transmission, followed by "I should have gotten an SI" like it would have been any different utterly screams troll.

If not I think you should trade the car in on something with an available automatic because you just shouldn't be driving a manual.

Rhinopolis

My 1st new car was a 1999 Civic Si with the b16a2 and a 8k rpm redline. My best friend was amazed at how high my engine could spin before I needed to upshift, and he once attempted to "impress" me in his brand new GMC v8 truck by dropping the automatic transmission in to low gear while doing 80 mph!

His reasoning (so he told me) was because his truck didn't have a redline since the tachometer stopped at 6k and their was no redline [shameful]

Anyways, this thread reminds me of that time

Sorry OP but this made me burst out laughing. Yeah maybe making your clutch disc spin at 3 times your red line has something to do with it

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok, so, I have a 2015 FIST. Yersterday I was driving and I tried to put first gear at 60 MPH, I wasn't going to let the clutch out, because I knew that was going to be horrible, I just wanted to know if the car was going to engage into first gear.

While I was trying to put into first, I heard a noise, now the clutch is very soft, and no gears can be selected. Now the question is, trying to put into first gear at that speed is the reason why the master cylinder may be broken? I mean I only tried.... I think ST's are a little softs.
This attempt to do something like this is and was about as fruitless as rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic with the use of a cotton candy hammer.....

Bluedrank

So to sum up this glorious thread, a new owner decides to spin up his tranny to a ridiculous speed and breaks something that ends up getting covered under warranty. He does this despite the owner's manual specifically warning him not to do so, which let's be honest, he probably didn't read in the first place. Then he comes on here, insults the car, and says "hey guys, why aren't we paying attention to this issue that literally all manual transmission cars have? Why are manual transmissions hard to drive for inexperienced drivers? Somebody should do something about that. Despite only suffering minor damage due to my attempt at grenading it, Ford transmissions are crap. I should have bought a Civic".

Great thread, would read again.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well, I know of at least three members who have put 380+whp through the stock clutch...regularly. That's weak?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I've been really trying to hold my tongue lately, but if OP really did this, it is BY FAR and large the dumbest thing I've ever come across in my 15 years of driving.

Dib

is there no lockout? like my si won't let me jam it in first until the revs match. I have to be under 15mph if im at idle. +1 for science -1 for the test.

twolf

I'm 26 and an Industrial Engineer, greatest inventions were discovered by mistakes lol
I discovered the cure for cancer by jamming my shifter into first at 60mph.

What were you hoping to invent, exactly?

is there no lockout? like my si won't let me jam it in first until the revs match. I have to be under 15mph if im at idle. +1 for science -1 for the test.
I don't know what OP is going on about, I can't get my car into 1st going faster than like 10-15mph. He must have really been jamming it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can't tell you, otherwise you'll copy my idea :-D
It's appears to me that your "Degree in industrial engineering has you up secretion tributary without means for propulsion here man. I wish you'd done a video....actually go do it all over again and record it for us ...Because my curiosity is killing like a cat who would be killed by the curiosity! "As said by Macho Man Randy savage"! I almost forgot " OH YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"

OP
P
Thread Starter #40
It's appears to me that your "Degree in industrial engineering has you up secretion tributary without means for propulsion here man. I wish you'd done a video....actually go do it all over again and record it for us ...Because my curiosity is killing like a cat who would be killed by the curiosity! "As said by Macho Man Randy savage"! I almost forgot " OH YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"
LOL take a chill pill dad, are you mad about something? Thanks for replying again and again, I bet you have better things to do than replying to a rookie that broke his car, right..... right...? hahaha