Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Issues

OP
P
Thread Starter #41
It's appears to me that your "Degree in industrial engineering has you up secretion tributary without means for propulsion here man. I wish you'd done a video....actually go do it all over again and record it for us ...Because my curiosity is killing like a cat who would be killed by the curiosity! "As said by Macho Man Randy savage"! I almost forgot " OH YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!"
How about you make this clear for me and for all the rookies out there. I've studying a lot about manuals, but I don't get this. Since I was driving at 60mph in 6th gear, I think modern cars have like a lockout mechanism that prevents from engaging first gear at high speeds, right? Because if I downshift to 5th, the synchros would've worked the same to match the speed, right? TY

Edit: I think I got, since everything is connected, the rotation in the 6th gear which is the higer, it's just a little but faster than 5th but way faster than 1st gear, therefore, the synchros have to work harder in order to match the rotational speed of the 1st gear than the one in 5th gear. Correct?

Stop referring to yourself as a "rookie" or calling it a "mistake". It isn't a mistake when you shove your shifter into 1st gear while traveling at 60mph ON PURPOSE. You actually took a moment and said, "hey, I'm going to shift into 1st at 60mph because I want to see what happens". It's fine to be curious, but a normal thing to do would be pull out the smartphone you more than likely carry when you reach your destination and search Google... 'what happens if you shit into 1st at 60mph', not actually do it.

What makes it worse is that you essentially broke your car on purpose and then had it covered under warranty. You think that because you didn't have to pay for it to be fixed it's all good that you broke your car on purpose? You think that shit is truly free? Thanks for contributing to the rising cost of cars and the increased frequency of claim denial.

OP
P
Thread Starter #45
Stop referring to yourself as a "rookie" or calling it a "mistake". It isn't a mistake when you shove your shifter into 1st gear while traveling at 60mph ON PURPOSE. You actually took a moment and said, "hey, I'm going to shift into 1st at 60mph because I want to see what happens". It's fine to be curious, but a normal thing to do would be pull out the smartphone you more than likely carry when you reach your destination and search Google... 'what happens if you shit into 1st at 60mph', not actually do it.

What makes it worse is that you essentially broke your car on purpose and then had it covered under warranty. You think that because you didn't have to pay for it to be fixed it's all good that you broke your car on purpose? You think that shit is truly free? Thanks for contributing to the rising cost of cars and the increased frequency of claim denial.
I'm a rookie and I didn't say it was a mistake, you need learn to read as I need to learn not to do stupid things

It was a dumb stupid, but rookie "mistake" guys. No need to be this harsh. Honestly most people new to manuals probably wouldn't know any damage would be done if the clutch was pushed in, since it wouldn't rev the motor up.. Sometimes you gotta do something stupid to learn. I've made tons of stupid mistakes learning to drive my first manual. Many nasty gear changes and grinds trying to drive "fast".

Hey, now the rest of us know what happens when you over rev the clutch plates haha

OP
P
Thread Starter #47
It was a dumb stupid, but rookie "mistake" guys. No need to be this harsh. Honestly most people new to manuals probably wouldn't know any damage would be done if the clutch was pushed in, since it wouldn't rev the motor up.. Sometimes you gotta do something stupid to learn. I've made tons of stupid mistakes learning to drive my first manual. Many nasty gear changes and grinds trying to drive "fast".

Hey, now the rest of us know what happens when you over rev the clutch plates haha
Ikr? They're acting like the never have done any stupid thing in their life. As an old saying says "Treat others how you want to be treated" I guess education plays a big role

I think they are mad because a smart person would have GOOGLED the issue instead of blindly trying it. OP should have done that. We live in the internet age so there is no need to try dangerous things out yourself.

twolf

I just want to know what he would have gained from putting it in 1st at 60? *nothing* good could have happened. Best case scenario he would have found out "nothing happens" and then probably would have said "oh cool I wonder what happens if I let the clutch out" and then said "FORD MOTORS SUCK WHY CAN'T I SPIN IT TO DOUBLE THE REDLINE?"

OP
P
Thread Starter #51
Sorry guys, I've been busy working... you still reply to this thread?? Damn get a life lol just kidding

OP
P
Thread Starter #53
A little update for you. The master cylinder was broken and the clutch disk had little cracks, I was charged for ~$500 for the clutch replacement, which I paid without complains, because obviously I had to take responsibility for my acts. Since I drove 60 miles with the master cylinder broken to the dealership, I think forcing it to go in gears may actually broke the clutch disk since the master cylinder broke when the clutch disengage and it didn't go to first gear, therefore there was no possible contact between the flywheel and the clutch disk.... unless the master cylinder broke, thus not having enough force to keep the clutch disengage, causing it to engage abruptly.... too many questions....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Where is natural selection anymore? Can anyone tell me why it has become a not so critical part in everyday life with people have no common sense? There must be a new type of Darwinism that can come of this.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has reverse at 60 piqued your curiosity? You could do an SAE paper on it.
I don't think this one capable of that... writing an SAE paper that is....but I will tell you one thing. Today I was driving and I saw a dual level transport truck with the ramp that let's vehicles go up to the upper level of the deck and the lower level of the deck. The gate with Ramps was down and leading up to the upper part like a Ramp and I thought of GRAND THEFT AUTO the video game and jumping cars off them. But then I realized that I have common sense to not jump my car. Unlike this hunyuck schmuck. I thank God PR is not an actual state in the USA in hope that no breeding will be done by this genetic organism calling himself a man.

OP
P
Thread Starter #56
I don't think this one capable of that... writing an SAE paper that is....but I will tell you one thing. Today I was driving and I saw a dual level transport truck with the ramp that let's vehicles go up to the upper level of the deck and the lower level of the deck. The gate with Ramps was down and leading up to the upper part like a Ramp and I thought of GRAND THEFT AUTO the video game and jumping cars off them. But then I realized that I have common sense to not jump my car. Unlike this hunyuck schmuck. I thank God PR is not an actual state in the USA in hope that no breeding will be done by this genetic organism calling himself a man.
LOL, Mr. common sense, you have to read a lot, the only benefit of PR becoming state is that we can vote for president, nothing more. We have US citizenship with ALL the benefits.. so if I want to go to the states and breed I could do it without restriction soooo I guess your common sense failed you miserably. Since you're calling me names I would love to know what do you for a living.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. I work for a portion of the govt. That's neither private or govt.....it's considered a gray area even though my ID says govt. Employee. That's as far as I'll go with that current question.

OP
P
Thread Starter #58
I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. I work for a portion of the govt. That's neither private or govt.....it's considered a gray area even though my ID says govt. Employee. That's as far as I'll go with that current question.
Ok, if you don't want me in Minnesota working for Eaton and maybe crashing into your car by "accident", you better vote for the president that can help PR get out of the crisis, because engineering jobs are getting limited here.

FistSt215

Yea and if you gotten an Si , I'm pretty sure it's safe to throw it in 1st gear going 60mph. Regardless if you're learning manual why would you even attempt going into first at that speed?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok, if you don't want me in Minnesota working for Eaton and maybe crashing into your car by "accident", you better vote for the president that can help PR get out of the crisis, because engineering jobs are getting limited here.
You can come to Mn....I've lived here my whole life. It's full of a bunch of other idiots who should've been sterilized before they hit puberty. But hey then there wouldn't be reality TV like honey boo boo or keeping up with the Kardashians....right? If I had it my way the planet would be a nuclear wasteland and it would be me and the roaches just hanging out rolling around in the FiST.