Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobbs CAI?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I think you guys use a Speed Density sensor which I believe won't work with this intake.
They use the MAF sensor, which both USDM and EDM FiST's have.

USDM also uses the MAF sensor for temp readings, but use a Speed Density strategy for fueling (MAP+TEMP, etc)

Injen pulls in the hot air from the engine bay like any other short ram intake, Cobb and Mountune's designs shield from the hot engine bay air. A little birdy reports that CP-E is working on a similar design as well :)

I would probably end up buying the cobb intake just don't know if I should buy it by itself or one of the new power packages

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I wonder what the gains over just a drop in and modded box will be? If any.[wiggle] Thinking about pickng one up to get rid of my stock box..

Installed mine yesterday's !!

Nice sound seriously, I like it, not too much is just correct. When you have the windows down your hear really good the whoosh of the turbo if you compare to stock.

For the performance I don't have really push the car the temperature was too cold and the Potenza was at the end of life.

Installed mine yesterday's !!

Nice sound seriously, I like it, not too much is just correct. When you have the windows down your hear really good the whoosh of the turbo if you compare to stock.

For the performance I don't have really push the car the temperature was too cold and the Potenza was at the end of life.
If you have the windows up and the radio OFF, can you hear the turbo sounds??? ….and if so, do you have to flog on the car to hear the turbo or can you hear it at partial throttle as well?

If you have the windows up and the radio OFF, can you hear the turbo sounds??? ….and if so, do you have to flog on the car to hear the turbo or can you hear it at partial throttle as well?

With the windows up and the Radio OFF. Yes you hear the turbo sound. The sound is not as strong there if you have the Injen intake but its cool.

I probably try to take a video off the sound in the next days when I have the time.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
With the windows up and the Radio OFF. Yes you hear the turbo sound. The sound is not as strong there if you have the Injen intake but its cool.

I probably try to take a video off the sound in the next days when I have the time.
thanks for the update...This is exactly what I'm hoping to hear as I'm not looking for additional noise...

I should have mine installed as soon as I find some time within next few days to hear for myself....

Tubing: 2.625" ID / 3.0" OD
Filter: 4.5" dia (top) / 2.0" dia (bottom) / 6.0" Height

Cobb CAI 3.jpg

Installed:

Cobb CAI without Cover low res.jpg

Cobb CAI with Cover low res.jpg

Young L

mmm, not really feelin the GIANT logo on the tube. having the more subtle logo on the lid should have been enough