Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobbs CAI?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
how can the piping wall be .375" thick??

Here is OEM as an FYI.

Tubing at the airbox / MAF connect : 2.78" ID
Tubing at the top plastic hard pipe connection: 2.72" ID
Huh? The piping wall thickness is 0.375/2 = 0.185"

The OD for the Cobb pipe is ~3" and ID ~2 5/8" and is the same diameter from filter to short turbo inlet tube...

Since its roto molded there is some variation but sounds like the ID on the Cobb pipe is fairly close to that of the stock intake then..

20141021_134934.jpg

razorlab

1000 Post Club

The OD for the Cobb pipe is ~3" and ID ~2 5/8"...

Since its roto molded there is some variation but sounds like the ID on the Cobb pipe is fairly close to that of the stock intake then..
You know what, I'm an idiot. I just did straight math on the depth and not the diameter. lolz.

Another thing to note are that my measurements are from each end and the stock rubber piping does change shape over it's length. I was just too lazy to measure that part at the time, plus I wouldn't have been able to take an ID measurement.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
BoostBumps, I saw your post in my inbox before you deleted it. ;)

No I wasn't saying you where calling me an idiot, I was calling myself an idiot. ;)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

The OD for the Cobb pipe is ~3" and ID ~2 5/8" and is the same diameter from filter to short turbo inlet tube...

View attachment 2463
I suspected this much. Gd research and info. Im gonna stick with my modded box and drop in. PRobally wont be to much gain b going with the intake.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Just seems like a waste of cash. Id like a before and after dyno vs a stock modded box and drop in.

Just a few quick measurements I took this morning comparing the stock intake piping to our intake piping.

Stock to COBB comparison:

Stock ID:

Stock OD neck down:

COBB ID at ends:

Ian