Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

coolant getting low too often

Hey Guys,

this might be noob question or issue im having. I own Ford Fiesta ST 2019 with 18k miles on. I got the car last year with 12k miles. Ever since having the car I have notice my coolant level always gets low every two week or so. I am concern cause none of my cars I have does this. I took the car twice to the dealer first time they replaced the thermostat. And second which was today. They told me there no leak or smell of coolant but my level of coolant was very low, so the dealer top off the coolant again. service advisor told me if it gets low they would need to investigate the issue Do these cars coolant evaporates or gets consume. Last time I check that was not suppose to happen on any cars. just trying to see if this is a common issue and how can I get this. fixed.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you checked the ground where you park or the underside of the car for coolant?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It is what is technically called BROKE! Take it to the dealer and have it repaired.

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
It is what is technically called BROKE! Take it to the dealer and have it repaired.
I took it today and dealer told me if it get low again they will bring it in to investigate the issue. and I honestly dont want this to turn into huge problem engine over heating and etc.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Guys,

this might be noob question or issue im having. I own Ford Fiesta ST 2019 with 18k miles on. I got the car last year with 12k miles. Ever since having the car I have notice my coolant level always gets low every two week or so. I am concern cause none of my cars I have does this. I took the car twice to the dealer first time they replaced the thermostat. And second which was today. They told me there no leak or smell of coolant but my level of coolant was very low, so the dealer top off the coolant again. service advisor told me if it gets low they would need to investigate the issue Do these cars coolant evaporates or gets consume. Last time I check that was not suppose to happen on any cars. just trying to see if this is a common issue and how can I get this. fixed.
My coolant level hasn't moved in 4 years.
I'm guessing a gasket issue, and it's getting burned up. Check your oil.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I took it today and dealer told me if it get low again they will bring it in to investigate the issue. and I honestly dont want this to turn into huge problem engine over heating and etc.
Get it to another dealer, call Ford Customer Care and and ask them for help. You have a broken car and a useless dealer. Run Forest, run!

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
DON'T CALL CUSTOMER CARE, WHEN WE GET THAT FROM ANOTHER DEALER IT MAKES US REALLY NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED

YOU ALSO GOT THIS CAR USED. WHO IS TO KNOW IF ITS NOT FULL OF WATER? GET A FLUSH AND RE ADDRESS

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The service writer at your dealership was right. If it gets low, have them investigate it. The coolant on a Fiesta doesn't "evaporate". It should go years without needing any added. It's possible that the previous owner had gotten air in the cooling system and it's working its way out. So if it no longer gets low on coolant, then it's problem solved. If it does get low again, then have it looked at, just like they said. They might do as HBE suggests, flushing and refilling correctly to get all air out of system as a first step.

Their investigation would include checking for places where coolant might go. If there is no air in system and no external leakage, then through a blown head gasket into a cylinder is a likely culprit.

Mikey456

I had a problem with a coolant leak. I keep refilling it. Than I got an engine light and the car started running on 3 cylinders. In my situation it was cylinder damage and fortunately the engine was replaced under warranty.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
okay if the level goes down again after the top off I will get a flush and if it keeps happening I will try force them to investigate. The car pretty much is stock I only did intake.

Sam4

How does the overflow/reservoir tank look? They can crack (drip when hot), and the inlet valve and hoses weep too. But 2019 w/18K? Hmm