Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dead fob emergency

twolf

Hold the key fob up to the steering wheel in the spot your key would normally go, and hit the start button.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
thanks for your help guys but my key fod is toast it wont even work if I hold it next to the steering column. can I do anything with the key blade? I have to get to work lol I cant bre late again....or if I put the car in gear and roll it down a hill? then fig the problem out t work? thanks for the help

There should be a key slot in the console that you can put the key blade in and then push the start button. Might have to turn the Key blade when its in the slot. I've never done it before.

twolf

That's for when the battery is too dead to crank over but has enough juice to spark. If you can't get the car to even "turn on" there would be no spark, thus no start.

twolf

There should be a key slot in the console that you can put the key blade in and then push the start button. Might have to turn the Key blade when its in the slot. I've never done it before.
Where do you hear this? I've heard several people say this but I see no key slot.

My car came with two fobs. You only have one? First thing I would do is replace the battery on the fob.

where is this key slot I need to find it oplease help
I've been told its in the center console. I have never looked myself to see if its there.... I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I'm at work and didn't drive the ST today so I can't go look for myself.

OP
F
Thread Starter #17
when i get my fob and i open it up which part can i remove to stick next to the steering column?

where is this key slot I need to find it oplease help
There is no slot in the center console or anywhere really. That "slot" is behind the round plastic on the steering column, usually it would be pried off but for some reason the Fiestas don't have this. They have a sort of RFID/sensor system.

Hold the key fob up to the circle on the right side of the steering column where you would usually insert a key. Place the flat end of the key fob in the center and step on the clutch and press the start button. If this doesn't work try rotating the fob a bit as so it catches the sensors. Still not working remove the battery cables wait 30 min for a reset and try to start the car again. Still not working and you have attempted all of the above and checked/replaced Key Fob battery call Ford. Probably will have to reprogram the fob or get a new fob.

Source of knowledge: working at a dealership.