Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

koozy

3000 Post Club
Need a bit of help to clock the compressor housing on the GT2560R turbo, I have clocked others but not this particular turbo and I have searched and found no answers but it seems pretty simple. No bolts to loosen so it looks like I need to buy a big set of snap ring pliers and pull the housing off, see if pinned, etc.... but it would be nice to know before I do so.

(I have a ton of tools in storage in NV but RVing and have had to buy quite a few tools to work on the car, brought a bunch but never enough tools on hand it seems)

Thanks,
Rick
I did it with these 3 main reference photos Russ sent me, there are others but these are the only ones you really need.

Pay particular attention to the oil in and oil out in relation to both compressor and exhaust housings.

Oil in

Oil out

what is should look like

You will need a large heavy duty snap ring plier. I picked this locking one up which was really helpful at harbor freight for ~$10, One time use [hihi]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

I looked all over HF and asked, they did not have that one in stock so I bought a smaller one and it did not open wide enough to even engage the holes in the ring.

The center section and hot side are lined up well, will tweak them a bit if needed.

Got my kit! It's as sexy as everyone has said. Can anyone tell how to route the coolant lines? Is it feed, WG, turbo, return? Just want to be sure, thanks.

Rhinopolis

I'm making a solid 275whp on 93 octane, I'm sure someone here is making much more on E30 :)
How does that feel while driving on public roads? Is it a smooth transition, or is it more Jekyll and Hyde? Going up by over 50 whp is extremely appealing to me, as long as it adds to the character of the car in a enjoyable fashion.

Rhinopolis

I made 328whp on e30 and stock fuel system.
Dang........, Killer. What's that like to drive on public streets? Would you mind describing how the car feels and how the power delivery comes on?

How does the transmission seem to handle the additional power? Are there any bad behaviors related to the car with the addition of such an increase over stock?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tail MVS on quick spool possible problem.

QuickSpool with billet compressor wheel that has already been used on one of these kits successfully.

I saw a post about somebody having an issue but cannot find it and having and I just cannot seem to figure out. I have inspected, reseated, tested everything pretty well, next up is pressure testing.

Suffering from very slow spool and max 20.4 PSI.

All springs installed, will do a pressure test on the unit next, just had to buy a new MightyVac, I have a perfectly good one in storage so now I have two.

The one thing I have not tested as hard to get to, silicone sealed the connectors, the solenoid controller could be wired backwards but that should not be causing this particular problem I would not think at least. I would expect it to just not make over WG boost pressure which is just over 18PSI.
Correct me if wrong of course!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have worked on quite a few turbo setups and built my own so not new to sorting out issues but this one has me stumped, likely something simple, I hope!

Thanks,
Rick

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234
Tail MVS on quick spool possible problem.

QuickSpool with billet compressor wheel that has already been used on one of these kits successfully.

I saw a post about somebody having an issue but cannot find it and having and I just cannot seem to figure out. I have inspected, reseated, tested everything pretty well, next up is pressure testing.

Suffering from very slow spool and max 20.4 PSI.

All springs installed, will do a pressure test on the unit next, just had to buy a new MightyVac, I have a perfectly good one in storage so now I have two.

The one thing I have not tested as hard to get to, silicone sealed the connectors, the solenoid controller could be wired backwards but that should not be causing this particular problem I would not think at least. I would expect it to just not make over WG boost pressure which is just over 18PSI.
Correct me if wrong of course!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have worked on quite a few turbo setups and built my own so not new to sorting out issues but this one has me stumped, likely something simple, I hope!

Thanks,
Rick
Your tuner should be able to diagnose this issue via data...

Common things can be;
Forgot to install the WG valve seat
Pitched WG diaphragm
Boost leak
Exhaust leak
improper calibration

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks for the quick response, very much appreciated:)

I was trying to avoid taking the WG off but just did and it looks like the valve is not closing all the way.

I just found out I left out the Valve Seat, I thought was a spare Vband bung, I guess I could of looked at the size of it:(

As mentioned I did install all three springs, I forget the exact number but just over 18PSI.

Thanks again!

Rick

---------

The WG did not come with very good instructions and I did not see anything on their site about installing it, just glad it is a pretty simple fix!

---------

All good now, ready to finally tune it:)

While waiting for parts I decided to do a lot more mods to the car, around 30 updated old or new mods so far in the past couple of months and a few more to go then hit the road finally.

Thanks again!
Rick

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #236
Thanks for the quick response, very much appreciated:)

I was trying to avoid taking the WG off but just did and it looks like the valve is not closing all the way.

I just found out I left out the Valve Seat, I thought was a spare Vband bung, I guess I could of looked at the size of it:(

As mentioned I did install all three springs, I forget the exact number but just over 18PSI.

Thanks again!

Rick

---------

The WG did not come with very good instructions and I did not see anything on their site about installing it, just glad it is a pretty simple fix!

---------

All good now, ready to finally tune it:)

While waiting for parts I decided to do a lot more mods to the car, around 30 updated old or new mods so far in the past couple of months and a few more to go then hit the road finally.

Thanks again!
Rick

Sorry about that include a warning label about the seat but i didnt with yours i figured with the experience you have with turbo cars you knew about that. sorry about that Rick!

http://tialsport.com/documents/explodedmvs.pdf

Russ

airjor13

2000 Post Club
How does that feel while driving on public roads? Is it a smooth transition, or is it more Jekyll and Hyde? Going up by over 50 whp is extremely appealing to me, as long as it adds to the character of the car in a enjoyable fashion.
The power band is much more that a of traditional turbo car, tamer down-lows, then boost hits and pulls hard all the way to 7k! Its not really Jekyll and Hyde but when the waste-gate opens up, it'll get your attention! You will really enjoy the turbo not running out of breath and falling on its face like the stock one anymore!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have always had internal wastes gates except the one system I built from intake to exhaust tip including equal length twin scroll manifold and it was quite a few years ago, I forgot all about the valve seat, my bad.

I love the new system with stink free catted and WG back into the DP and very low noise recirc BOV.This system will suite my needs much better than the EFR though I loved the mid range kick in the pants later spool in the right circumstance, huge fun in a roll on dual, just not what I needed for other situations.