Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

twolf

I've been watching that video that was posted on Instagram on repeat... That sound is amazing... I would love to see what a quickspool kit could do in the 1/4. Low 12s?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
I've been watching that video that was posted on Instagram on repeat... That sound is amazing... I would love to see what a quickspool kit could do in the 1/4. Low 12s?
Best case would be 12.4-12.6 I'm doing some new boost control set ups to see if I can squeeze spool and power out some more.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
DO IT NOWWWWW!!!

Russ
I'm in process homie. don't worry. I got this. I have every component of the recipe except slicks. Once I get a set I will make some passes and hopefully break into low 12's. Which is faster then my previous pb in my full suspension/bolt on/100 shot 98 mustang gt.
(It went 12.56 @109)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Please say my package is on the way, I need it desperately, running out of time I can use the shop my car is apart in, thanks:)

V_2

Agreed. And I am fine with waiting for quality. But I also have a limited window for shop time coming up and doing the install there instead of my garage would be very nice. [biggrin]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am waiting for my second DHM kit, actually modified EFR kit which Russ offered to do at a very good price to help me out.

Also working in a cramped garage with knees that can go out if I am not careful, then back on the road and no place to work at all so I really need to get this done, why posting here as giving a nudge to DHM;)

Having had a ton of fabricated parts and fabricated my own, these are the best yet and ever seen in most regards, well worth waiting for, I agree!

Mine has been on jack stands in the garage for a while now. It looks so sad. I know Russ is busting his ass though.

I can't wait to see some guys take their DHM kits to the track! Once I have a free day, I'll put my GTX360R kit (GTX2860R) to the test. Sadly, no slicks or ethanol. Just 93oct, Bridgestone Potenza Re71Rs and Quaife LSD. I might bite the bullet and have Russ do an e30 tune just for the 1/4, but I want to see what the 93oct can do. Here's one of my latest V-dynos.

Attachments

I can't wait to see some guys take their DHM kits to the track! Once I have a free day, I'll put my GTX360R kit (GTX2860R) to the test. Sadly, no slicks or ethanol. Just 93oct, Bridgestone Potenza Re71Rs and Quaife LSD. I might bite the bullet and have Russ do an e30 tune just for the 1/4, but I want to see what the 93oct can do. Here's one of my latest V-dynos.
I should have my 360r kit installed in a few weeks, if I can get curves and numbers like that on straight 93 I will be a happy camper.

V_2

Do you guys think the puny cone filter that comes with a Cobb intake has enough flow rate for the GT290r kit? Thinking about switching back to it when I install. I'm almost certain it will be louder than the factory turbo with the 2j cowl intake.

Do you guys think the puny cone filter that comes with a Cobb intake has enough flow rate for the GT290r kit? Thinking about switching back to it when I install. I'm almost certain it will be louder than the factory turbo with the 2j cowl intake.
I'm running the Cobb intake with great results.