Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

diagnosing turbo surge issue please help!

OP
jfac952
Thread Starter #21
so im getting closer to identifying this issue. i took some time to look over all connections and hoses and found something very odd. first i did a test to identify exactly what fuse 24 directly regulates by pulling the fuse and checking the codes. p025a and u0109 (i believe). long story short i cleared the codes, put the fuse back, and disconnected a connector for the fuel system (not entirely sure what it is but more on that later). check the codes and they are identical. im gonna post some pics so you can see what im talking about.

OP
jfac952
Thread Starter #26
sorry for individual pics, my phone is weird.

took me WAY too long to figure out that this is exhaust cam position sensor. is there any reason the connector would be this wet? and would that cause the fuse to blow?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
How much rain have you gotten recently? Maybe the cowl isnt sealing right on its edge to the windshield or hood??

OP
jfac952
Thread Starter #28
How much rain have you gotten recently? Maybe the cowl isnt sealing right on its edge to the windshield or hood??
a bit but the connector, at least, had oil in it. honestly im to the point where if i cant figure this out ill just have my dealer fix it and pay the deductible. everyone on here has been super helpful but im stumped

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Hmm how did that get oil in it?? I wonder if an oil seal on the sensor failed and it fed through the body of it into the plug. It looks clean all the way around it.

OP
jfac952
Thread Starter #31
how did you resolve this problem?? please answer i have exact same problem...
the blown fuse or the sensor with oil in it? the sensor (to my knowledge) had nothing to do with the fuse blowing but i still dont know where the liquid came from.

the fuse was being blown because i have a 2jr intake that would slap the connector for the vvt solenoid. im back on the stock intake for now until i can fix it.

hope this helps

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
the blown fuse or the sensor with oil in it? the sensor (to my knowledge) had nothing to do with the fuse blowing but i still dont know where the liquid came from.

the fuse was being blown because i have a 2jr intake that would slap the connector for the vvt solenoid. im back on the stock intake for now until i can fix it.

hope this helps
Solid engine mounts will help stop the engine movement and therefore stop smacking the intake into the sensor.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I have the awr 88A durometer mount and powerflex tranny and passenger engine mounts still have an issue with engine movement.... Actually almost poked a hole in my ITG crossover from it. I ended up padding the cables and the area that contacts the intake. Hasn't gotten any worse since.