Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Different head design after 15/16 model year

Stkid93

Premium Account
Hey,

i have read that ford redesigned the head to eliminate the hot spot issue causing coolant consumption sometime around 2015, the original recall in the earlier model years didn’t actually fix the problem, they just put a coolant level sensor in to tel you when coolant was low.

But like I mentioned it looks like some time in 2015 or 2016 they redesigned the head to eliminate this problem, is this true? And if so how much did this change help the coolant issue? I’m asking because I have a 2017.

also,
sometime in 2019 they removed the coolant slit in between the cylinders to make the cylinder liner cracking issue better. I feel like they should have done this earlier or just designed the engines without it to begin it. Seems like a big design flaw to me. You can just see how little space there is between the cylinders.

I’ve heard about the herd about the head redesign. I don’t know what they did exactly but I to would like to know since I have a 2016. I don’t think they fixed the block problem in the fiesta. Adam at tune plus talked about it in detail about a year ago. He had to get a block from a 1,5 engine that didn’t have the slits in them.