Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Done building my new to me FiST.....for now.

What's going on guys. Got my FiST about 6 months ago and went right into modifying it. Here is a list of what I have done so far.

COBB AP w/stratified custom tune
Injen CAI
Mountune FMIC and pipe upgrades
MBRP 3" XP exhaust system
ATP catless DP
Exhaust hanger kit
CPE Rear motor mount
GEN 2 GTX2860R turbo kit
Tial Sport Q BOV*
Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud
Eibach rear sway bar kit
Eibach spring set pro-kit
JBR weighted shift knob
Hawk performance front/rear brake pads
StopTech front/rear braided brake lines
Boomba throttle body spacer
AEM stage 2 WMI kit

If any of you guys have suggestions as to what's next just let me know. Thanks for letting me share.

Oh and follow me on IG @thatgreenfiesta to keep updated with my build in the future.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome.

How is the Mountune intercooler working with the big Turbo a lot of people reported that when you go hybrid or big Turbo the Mountune intercooler does not work as well?
We will find out now that we are heading into Warmer weather![hihi]

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Welcome.

How is the Mountune intercooler working with the big Turbo a lot of people reported that when you go hybrid or big Turbo the Mountune intercooler does not work as well?
So far I have had no issues. We will see once it starts getting a little warmer but it has done just as well in 20 degree weather as 75 degree.

Wow you have done a lot of work to it and at a considerable expense. I am at a cross roads that I need to down size in cars and considering trading the 18 Mustang GT and FIST for something directly in between. I need more acceleration- not as much as the GT but more than the FIST. Considering Civic Type R, Veloster N or Camaro 1LE V6. I wonder so much if the FIST with these or at least some mods will give the acceleration I am looking for- for a traffic fighter. I am more than satisfied with it's handling but don't know if I should invest $$$ in performance mods or trade it away.

Wow you have done a lot of work to it and at a considerable expense. I am at a cross roads that I need to down size in cars and considering trading the 18 Mustang GT and FIST for something directly in between. I need more acceleration- not as much as the GT but more than the FIST. Considering Civic Type R, Veloster N or Camaro 1LE V6. I wonder so much if the FIST with these or at least some mods will give the acceleration I am looking for- for a traffic fighter. I am more than satisfied with it's handling but don't know if I should invest $$$ in performance mods or trade it away.
Do yourself a favor, get an accessport, install a $300 intercooler from the vendor of your choice then run the cobb stage 3 tune. for less than $1k you can put a big smile back on your face and keep the fist. When that gets boring upgrade the turbo but I'm not sure it will, I am still happy with my setup on stock turbo.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Okay so in a sense I agree with above, but this would be my recommendation. Go to stratified automotive and purchase a Cobb accessport from them. It will be the same price as anywhere and come with a flash tune. This flash tune, from my experience, is night and day from any OTS tune included with the AP. Right there you have only spent 500 and the car will be a whole nother beast. I went from 21.?? W/overboost stock to 26.?? On stratified still completely stock. Then yes, get a intercooler because you will need it and eventually a radiator due to the known overheating issues. I promise you, stratified can take a stock FiST and change the game. I hope that you stick with the fiesta because for what you pay there is no car like it in my opinion.

Welcome! I was the same way with my Mazdaspeed 3 with modding, within a year went from a rmm and sri to a fully built motor and gtx3076r turbo with meth. I won't be doing that with the Fist anytime soon but down the road........definitely.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! Sounds like you've got it dialed. Enjoy your go kart.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
What's going on guys. Got my FiST about 6 months ago and went right into modifying it. Here is a list of what I have done so far.

COBB AP w/stratified custom tune
Injen CAI
Mountune FMIC and pipe upgrades
MBRP 3" XP exhaust system
ATP catless DP
Exhaust hanger kit
CPE Rear motor mount
GEN 2 GTX2860R turbo kit
Tial Sport Q BOV*
Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud
Eibach rear sway bar kit
Eibach spring set pro-kit
JBR weighted shift knob
Hawk performance front/rear brake pads
StopTech front/rear braided brake lines
Boomba throttle body spacer
AEM stage 2 WMI kit

If any of you guys have suggestions as to what's next just let me know. Thanks for letting me share.

Oh and follow me on IG @thatgreenfiesta to keep updated with my build in the future.
for this build
I'd add
the following
Bravo Alpha intercooler
whoosh ATP hot side silicone hose
whoosh short shifter w/trans bracket bushings
whoosh silicone symposer delete

other than that you have a great set up!